This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Lemon Cheesecake is the perfect summer dessert that is citrusy, creamy, and incredibly flavorful. It is a great cheesecake to enjoy after a nice dinner or for a special occasion.
When it comes to delicious cheesecakes, I have plenty to select from such as Blueberry Cheesecake, No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake, and Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars. But this lemon cheesecake recipe is one of my favorites because it is so simple to make and has a creamy lemon flavour that is irresistible!
Pin it your DESSERTS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This Lemon Filled Cheesecake is a dreamy dessert that will satisfy pretty much everyone’s sweet tooth. It is moist, rich, and zesty, just ideal for summer times. If you are a big fan of cheesecake recipes, then this one should be on top of your list!
First, it is quite light and lemony, with a nice balance of sweetness and tanginess to it. When you bite into it, you will quickly realize that this is one delicious and outstanding cake!
Second, it is super creamy and easy to make! Unlike other cheesecakes, this one is on the easy side when it comes to execution. You need just a few simple ingredients and about 15 minutes of your time to prepare it. After that, bake it and you are done.
It would make a great addition to any dessert table. Perfect for graduation or a simple pool party. No matter how you intend to enjoy it, I guarantee that you will love it!
How to Make Lemon Cheesecake?
- Room Temperature Ingredients! It is very important for the ingredients to be at room temperature, especially for cheesecake recipes. The ingredients mix together more easily and also will result in a smooth filling with no lumps.
- Prepare the crust. Combine all ingredients and press into your pan. I love using graham cracker crumbs for this recipe, but you can use graham crackers and grind them in a food processor to make crumbs.
- Prepare the Cheese Filling. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, cream cheese, and flour just until combined and there are no lumps remaining. Add sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla and stir to combine. Pour half of the filling over the crust, top with lemon curd, then remaining half of cheese mixture.
- Bake. It will take about an hour to bake. Turn oven off, prop open the door and allow cheesecake to cool completely.
- Chill. Pour remaining lemon curd over the top, then chill for at least 6 hours, or even better – overnight, before serving.
How to Decorate a Cheesecake?
The cake is excellent because it is so aromatic and full of zesty flavors.
- If you want to make it look more festive, feel free to top it with some blueberry compote, sliced strawberries, or other seasonal fresh fruits.
- For a unique twist, add some melted chocolate or caramel on top. It is super delicious!
Can You Store Cheesecake In The Freezer?
Prior to freezing ensure the cake is fully chilled. Then, wrap the cheesecake with the bottom of the pan in plastic foil twice, and then with aluminum foil. Once properly wrapped, transfer it to the freezer, and store it for up to 3 months.
To thaw it, remove it from the freezer and place in the refrigerator overnight.
Other Delicious Lemony Recipes To Try!
Lemon Orange Cake – a beautiful bundt cake!
Lemon Cupcakes – wonderfully light!
Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake – easy summer dessert!
Creamy Lemon Pie – only 4 ingredients!
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins – so fresh and delicious!
Lemon Cheesecake is the perfect summer dessert that is citrusy, creamy, and incredibly flavorful. It is a great cheesecake to enjoy after a nice dinner, or for a special occasion.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup milk room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1 can (21 oz) lemon curd filling
- 1 can (21 oz) lemon curd filling
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 packet whipped cream stabilizer
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir until combined.
Add the mixture to a 9-inch or 10-inch springform pan. Use a measuring cup to press the mixture into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, add sugar, cream cheese and flour. Beat until creamy and combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, milk, and sour cream. Beat until combined, stopping to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Level the top with a spatula. Add the lemon curd, and using a knife make some swirls. Add the remaining cheesecake batter and level the top with a spatula.
Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes. The cheesecake should be slightly jiggly in the center, but puffy and settled on the sides.
- Turn off the oven and crack open the door. Cool cheesecake completely in the open oven.
Run a butter knife around the edges to release it from the pan. Top it with the remaining can of lemon curd. After that, chill in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- Add all ingredients to the chilled bowl of a high-speed mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form. Pipe on cheesecake.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)