These treats are a super fast, super impressive treat, perfect for those times when you want something quick and easy! You can use any flavor cookie you’d like and roll them in chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, or any kind of sprinkles you might have. You can even stir in some fruit jam or chocolate syrup to flavor the cheesecake filling before sandwiching it between the cookies! 🙂
Easy Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe
- 24 large cookies any flavor
- 24.3 oz Philadelphia Ready To Eat Cheesecake Filling
- Sprinkles cookie crumbs, chopped nuts, or mini chocolate chips, as desired
- Stir your cheesecake filling and scoop it into a large ziplock freezer or storage baggie, seal it shut. Snip about half an inch off of one corner of the bag.
- Pour your sprinkles, cookie crumbs, chopped nuts, or mini chocolate chips into a wide shallow bowl.
- On a large cookie sheet, lay out 12 cookies, bottom side up.
- Pipe the cheesecake filling onto the cookie in a spiral pattern, starting from the outside and working your way into the center. Don't mound it up, try to make it pretty even.
- When all the cookies have been topped with the cheesecake filling, place another cookie, bottom side down, on top of the filling, sandwiching it between the cookies.
- Working with one at a time, hold each cookie/cheesecake sandwich sideways, placing the outside edge of the cheesecake into the bowl of sprinkles/crumbs/nuts/chocolate chips. Roll it, pressing down gently, until the entire outside edge of the cheesecake has been covered. Place it back on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all cheesecake-filled cookie sandwiches have been rolled.
- Place them in the freezer for at least 3 hours, or until ready to serve. If you're planning on keeping them in the freezer longer than one day, after freezing for at least 3 hours wrap each one individually with plastic wrap, then place them in a ziplock freezer bag. They'll keep in the freezer for about a month.