Make these super impressive and easy Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwiches for dessert and make everyone happy!
Sometimes plain cookies just need a little help, a little perking up from their ho-hum existence as a cookie. In this recipe, ready-to-eat cheesecake filling is sandwiched between two cookies of choice and then rolled in sprinkles, chocolate chips, or nuts.
Easy Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwiches
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Homemade Cheesecake Sandwiches
- Combine the delicious flavors of cookies and creamy cheesecake in this addictive cheesecake sandwich dessert.
- Combine the chewiness of the chocolate cookie (or cookie of choice), with the creamy and smooth sweetness of the cheesecake. They are then rolled in anything from nuts, to sprinkles, to chocolate chips.
- These little sandwiches are perfect for wrapping individually in plastic wrap and kept in the freezer. They will be ready to serve when the kids have their friends over, or when the sweet tooth needs a little satisfying.
- Quick, simple, and easy to make, this recipe is sure to take the heat out of summer.
- Instead of storebought cookies try making Peanut Butter Cookies, or Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients & Variations
COOKIES Choose any kind of cookie for this recipe – chocolate chip, peanut butter, macadamia, or chocolate. Whatever your favorite is!
FILLING The filling for these ice cream sandwiches has a slightly new twist on the typical ice cream cookie. In this recipe ready to eat cheesecake filling is piped and then sandwiched between two cookies. So not only will this sandwich have the consistency of ice cream after it is frozen, it will taste like cheesecake also. And what’s more this cheesecake filling comes in different flavors, from simple vanilla to chocolate, and strawberry.
VARIATIONS Use any flavor cookie or filling and then roll them in walnuts, peanuts, crushed almond pieces, mini chocolate chips, or any kind of sprinkles on hand. Even stir in some fruit jam, caramel, or chocolate syrup to flavor the cheesecake filling before sandwiching it between the cookies!
How to Make Ice Cream Sandwiches
This homemade recipe brings cookies and ice cream to a whole new level of dessert.
- Lay 12 cookies on a cookie sheet and pipe filling onto cookies.
- Press another cookie on top and roll the cookies in sprinkles, chocolate chips, or nuts.
- Freeze and serve as per the recipe below.
Perfect for a sweet treat any day of the week but even better on a hot summer day!
Tips For the Best Frozen Dessert
- For the filling, scoop it into a ziplock bag or a piping bag. For the ziplock bag, cut off the tip and squeeze the filling from that end. While piping, start from the outside and work towards the middle working in a circular pattern. Try to keep it even.
- Remember to prepare all the rolling ingredients before beginning the cookies. Place them on a shallow plate or bowl.
- Finally, after the cookies have been frozen, wrap them individually in plastic wrap.
More Ice Cream Desserts
- Slam Dunk Reese & Brownie Bottom Ice Cream Cake Recipe! – brownies and ice cream
- York Hot Fudge Topped Brownie Sundae Cups recipe – brownies and hot fudge!
- McDonald’s Copycat Shamrock – green and minty
- Oreo Banana Split Parfait recipe – yummy!
Easy Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe
- 24 large cookies any flavor
- 24.3 ounces Philadelphia Ready To Eat Cheesecake Filling
- Sprinkles cookie crumbs, chopped nuts, or mini chocolate chips, as desired
- Stir your cheesecake filling and scoop it into a large ziplock freezer or storage baggie, seal it shut. Snip about half an inch off of one corner of the bag.
- Pour your sprinkles, cookie crumbs, chopped nuts, or mini chocolate chips into a wide shallow bowl.
- On a large cookie sheet, lay out 12 cookies, bottom side up.
- Pipe the cheesecake filling onto the cookie in a spiral pattern, starting from the outside and working your way into the center. Don't mound it up, try to make it pretty even.
- When all the cookies have been topped with the cheesecake filling, place another cookie, bottom side down, on top of the filling, sandwiching it between the cookies.
- Working with one at a time, hold each cookie/cheesecake sandwich sideways, placing the outside edge of the cheesecake into the bowl of sprinkles/crumbs/nuts/chocolate chips. Roll it, pressing down gently, until the entire outside edge of the cheesecake has been covered. Place it back on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all cheesecake-filled cookie sandwiches have been rolled.
- Place them in the freezer for at least 3 hours, or until ready to serve. If you're planning on keeping them in the freezer longer than one day, after freezing for at least 3 hours wrap each one individually with plastic wrap, then place them in a ziplock freezer bag. They'll keep in the freezer for about a month.