Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe is full of fall flavors with a rich and smooth texture. If you are looking for a delicious and easy dessert to make for Thanksgiving, then this is the perfect dessert to choose.
I enjoy making fall desserts because they are some of the most delicious and festive looking. This Caramel Apple Cheesecake, Caramel Apple Dump Cake and Pumpkin Bars are some of the season’s favorites. You can also try Classic Pumpkin Pie, and Sweet Potato Casserole.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
Pin it your DESSERT BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This Pumpkin Cheesecake is such a delicious and easy dessert to make. The pumpkin flavor is not overpowering and the texture is smooth, creamy and rich. When you bite into it, the aromas and flavors of fall all come together for an irresistible dessert your family will love!
Unlike other cheesecake recipes, this one is pretty simple to make. You start with the crust, then make the pumpkin filling, and simply bake it. To finish, just decorate it with your favorite toppings like cinnamon, whipped cream and caramel sauce! If you are short on time, feel free to leave it as is. A naked pumpkin cheesecake is a beautiful thing and still super tasty!
Whichever way you serve it, the pumpkin flavor takes center stage and every bite is just melt in your mouth delicious.
How Do You Make Pumpkin Cheesecake?
- First, you prepare the graham cracker crust. Mix the crust ingredients together, then press into the bottom of your springform pan and chill.
- Prepare the cheesecake filling by mixing the cream cheese with the rest of the ingredients using a hand mixer. Once the filling has a smooth, creamy texture, spread it evenly over the chilled crust.
- Bake! For best results, we recommend you follow our directions for a water-bath.
- Once cooked, allow the cheesecake cool in the oven for a couple of hours. After which time move it to the refrigerator where it will chill completely. Best if left to chill overnight.
- Prepare the whipped cream frosting. Simply beat together cold heavy whipping cream, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Refrigerate and enjoy!
A water-bath is a method used to help achieve even baking, and prevents cracks. It is not difficult if you follow these easy steps!
- Wrap a double layer of foil around the outside of a springform pan.
- Set the springform pan inside a larger pan, such as a roaster or other deep pan.
- Add HOT water to the roasting pan so that the water goes about halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Carefully place in the oven to bake. Since this can be quite heavy, you may want to put the pan on the oven rack first, then add the hot water.
How Long Do You Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake?
Depending on your oven, the cooking time might vary.
As a general rule, I bake mine at 350˚F for about 50 -55 minutes. The cheesecake should be done when the edges are just lightly brown and the center should still be a little jiggly. Once this you have this texture, turn off the oven, crack open the door and let it rest in the oven for 1-2 hours.
Can I Make It In Advance?
Absolutely! This is a great recipe to make ahead of time, especially during the holiday season when you have plenty of cooking to do. Simply wrap the cake and refrigerate it for up to 3 days in advance.
I would suggest you make the whipped cream frosting and decorate just prior to serving.
- It is important to use room temperature ingredients, especially the cream cheese and eggs. This helps prevent the cake from cracking.
- Use pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin pie filling, both work great in this recipe.
- Also, feel free to decorate the cake with sprinkles, melted caramel, melted or grated chocolate!
- Don’t forget to let the cake rest in the oven with the door open, after it is done baking.
Other Delicious Fall Inspired Desserts To Try!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake – Delicious!
Pumpkin Bars – so easy to make.
Crock Pot Apple Cobbler – a classic, but in the crock pot!
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake – light, fluffy and tasty.
Crustless Pumpkin Pie – a great way to enjoy pumpkin pie!
This Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe is full of fall flavors with a rich and smooth texture.
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 15 oz can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground Cinnamon
- Caramel Sauce
Coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- On the outside, wrap the bottom and sides of the springform pan in a double layer of foil.
Add all the CRUST ingredients except melted butter to a large bowl and combine.
- Add melted butter and stir until well combined.
Press the mixture into the prepared pan to line the sides about 1 inch up the side.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 325˚ F.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add sugar, salt, pumpkin spice and flour, mix until completely combined and there are no lumps.
On low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until just mixed.
Add pumpkin, sour cream, cream and vanilla. Beat until combined, stopping to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and level.
Set the springform pan inside a larger pan, such as a roasting pan. Add HOT water to the roasting pan, about halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
Bake for 50-55 minutes. Or until the cheesecake is slightly wobbly in the center, yet puffy on the sides.
Turn the oven off, leaving the door open a crack. Cool cheesecake completely this way for about 2 hours.
- Place it on the counter at room temperature to completely cool. Run a butter knife around the edges to release it from the pan, after which refrigerate it for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and with a hand mixer whisk on slow-medium speed, gradually increasing to high speed until soft peaks.
Pipe the whipped cream onto the cheesecake and sprinkle a bit of ground cinnamon on top.
- Slice and serve drizzled with caramel sauce.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)