This easy recipe for Homemade Banana Bread Granola is chock full of healthy, crunchy, and wholesome ingredients!
Store-bought granola can be pricey to buy, but now you can make tasty banana granola in your own kitchen for pennies on the dollar! Easy homemade granola is not only delicious but healthy too, with zero preservatives and healthy add ins!
Homemade Banana Bread Granola
PIN IT your SNACKS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What is Granola?
One of the benefits of granola is that oatmeal is the base, packed with a heavy dose of fiber and B-vitamins. Old-fashioned oats are ideal because they’re less processed and firmer so they retain their crunch throughout the cooking process. Banana granola has the addition of naturally sweetened banana chips without added sugar, so what’s not to love?
Muesli vs Granola
What’s the difference between muesli and granola? Both recipes have nearly the exact same ingredients.
- However, granola is baked and can be saved and served for later.
- While muesli is prepared and served fresh daily, basically raw, and without additional sweeteners other than the natural sweeteners found in the ingredients.
We like to make granola because we can save multiple batches for recipes all week long!
- Make granola with dried fruit like cranberries, cherries, blueberries, even strawberries to create your own signature recipe!
- Use it as a topping on fruit crisps or yogurt.
- Switch out the maple syrup for honey or agave for lower sugar options!
Make Your Own Granola
Homemade granola is fun to make with the kids, and it is so lovely to have on hand for busy mornings. The kids love it!
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk the melted butter, maple syrup and vanilla together.
- Fold the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Add a whipped egg white.
- Spread onto a prepared baking sheet and bake according to recipe. PRO TIP: The best way to bake granola is low and slow—enough to dry it out without browning or burning it.
- Add banana chips and continue baking. Remove from oven, cool, and store in an airtight container for up to a month.
How To Eat Granola
Make granola for a perfect for a grab and go snack, a quick hot or cold cereal, or to bake into muffins!
Time Saving Tips!
- You can prepare pecans ahead of time by sautéing them in a skillet until slightly browned and fragrant. This makes them especially crunchy and flavorful!
- No banana chips in your pantry? Make your own DIY Banana Chips! Slice raw bananas into thin coins and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 225°F about 90 minutes. Cool and crumble for this granola recipe. How easy is that?
Other Easy Recipes To Try!
- Brown Butter Pecan Cereal Bar Recipe – easy grab and go breakfast.
- Peanut Butter Bars – delicious!
- Chocolate Chip Granola Bars – No bake recipe!
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats – kid approved.
Homemade Banana Bread Granola
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Add the oats, flaxseed meal, pecans, cinnamon, and salt to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the butter mixture onto the dry mixture and stir well. Add beaten egg white and mix.
- Spread onto a rimmed baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Stir in banana chips and bake until the oats are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature. Add to zippered bags or sealed containers and store at room temperature for about a month.