Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are made with creamy peanut butter, honey and Rice Krispies, then topped with a layer of delicious dark chocolate. It is a decadent treat that is super easy to make!
Easy to make, no bake treats like coconut pecan cookies or chocolate chip granola bars are perfect for lunch boxes or after school snacks. So you will want to keep this peanut butter rice krispie treats recipe on hand to satisfy those hungry tummies in your house!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Pin it to your DESSERTS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
The taste of melted chocolate and creamy peanut butter, combined with the crunch of crispy rice cereal, makes this the best rice krispie treats recipe!
How To Make Rice Krispie Treats With Peanut Butter
These chocolate covered rice krispie treats are so delicious and chewy you would swear they had to be made with marshmallows and butter! But this marshmallow and dairy free treat is a delicious surprise that everyone will devour!
- Measure rice krispies in a large bowl. Prepare an 8×8” pan with parchment paper.
- Heat remaining ingredients until melted.
- Combine peanut butter mixture with rice krispies. Press into pan.
- Melt chocolate and pour over base. Chill.
Rice Krispie Treats Variations
- For this recipe I used traditional rice krispies, but you can also use frosted, cocoa, or strawberry rice krispies.
- Smooth peanut butter is my go-to, but you can use crunchy, almond, sunflower or coconut peanut butters in this recipe too.
- Honey is used in place of butter for this recipe but you can always default back to butter if you prefer.
- You can always use semi sweet baking squares in place of chocolate chips.
How To Store Rice Krispie Treats
Cut treats into squares once cool and firm. Stack squares between wax or parchment paper to prevent them from sticking together.
Store in an airtight container or even a zippered bag at room temperature. They will last for at least a week.
Long term storage? I don’t think this will be an issue because they are usually gone in a flash! But you can freeze them if you like, they will still be delicious!
Other Easy Desserts To Try
- Butterfinger Rice Krispie Treats – buttery and delicious!
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – a classic cookie recipe.
- Indoor S’mores – fun to make with the kids.
- Reese’s Pieces Rice Krispie Treats – for peanut lovers.
- Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies – a decadent treat!
The taste of melted chocolate and creamy peanut butter combined with the crunch of crispy rice cereal makes these Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats so perfectly decadent!
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter or peanut butter of choice
- ⅓ cup organic honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- ½ teaspoon coocnut extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
In a large bowl pour in Rice Krispies and set aside.
In a smaller bowl melt peanut butter and honey in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add in vanilla, coconut and sea salt and stir.
Pour peanut butter mixture over Rice Krispies and stir to combine.
Pour into a 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper and flatten out until surface is even.
In a small microwave safe bowl melt together chocolate chips and 1 Tablespoon peanut butter.
Pour over the prepared base and allow to chill in the refrigerator or freezer for 10 minutes.
Cut and Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)