Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are made with creamy peanut butter, honey and Rice Krispies, then topped with a layer of delicious dark chocolate. It is a decadent treat that is super easy to make!
Easy to make, no bake treats like No Bake Coconut Pecan Cookies or No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are perfect for lunch boxes or after school snacks. And you will definitely want to keep these Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats on hand to satisfy those hungry tummies in your house!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Pin it to your DESSERTS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
The taste of melted chocolate and creamy peanut butter combined with the crunch of crispy rice cereal is what makes this dessert the best! It’s so delicious and chewy you would swear it had to be made with marshmallows and butter. But this marshmallow and dairy free treat is a delicious surprise that everyone will devour!
What Goes In Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats?
- Rice Krispies– for this recipe I used traditional Rice Krispies, but you can also use frosted, cocoa, or strawberry Rice Krispies.
- Peanut butter– this is what gives the creamy goodness to the recipe. I used creamy peanut butter, but you could also use crunchy, almond, sunflower or coconut peanut butters too.
- Honey– this is used in place of butter for a healthier alternative, but you can use butter if you prefer.
- Vanilla and coconut extract.
- Chocolate chips– for melting and making a delicious chocolate topping.
How To Make Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- In a large bowl measure the Rice Krispies.
- In a small bowl melt together the peanut butter, honey, vanilla, coconut extract and sea salt.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over Rice Krispies and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper and press to flatten.
- Melt chocolate chips and 1 Tablespoon peanut butter. Spread over base.
- Chill in the refrigerator or freezer till firm.
What Can You Use Instead Of Marshmallows For Rice Krispie Treats?
Marshmallows have always been the go-to ingredient for chewy Rice Krispie Treats. But did you know that you can mix peanut butter and honey, use it in place of marshmallows and still have excellent results?
It’s true! This recipe is made without marshmallows, is chewy and delicious, and will make any kid’s day!
How To Store Rice Krispie Treats
- Cut Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats into squares once cooled and firm.
- Stack squares between wax or parchment paper to prevent them from sticking together.
- Store in an airtight container or even a zippered bag at room temperature. They will last for at least a week.
- Long term storage? I seriously do not think this will be an issue – they will be all be devoured by then!
Other Easy Desserts To Try
Butterfinger Rice Krispie Treats – Buttery and delicious!
Reese’s Pieces Rice Krispie Treats – For peanut lovers.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – A classic cookie.
Cake Mix Cookie Bars– So easy to make.
Edible Cookie Dough – Ready in under 5 minutes!
The taste of melted chocolate and creamy peanut butter combined with the crunch of crispy rice cereal makes these Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats so perfectly decadent!
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 3/4 cups creamy peanut butter or peanut butter of choice
- 1/3 cups organic honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 tsp coocnut extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
In a large bowl pour in Rice Krispies and set aside.
In a smaller bowl melt peanut butter and honey in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add in vanilla, coconut and sea salt and stir.
Pour peanut butter mixture over Rice Krispies and stir to combine.
Pour into a 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper and flatten out until surface is even.
In a small microwave safe bowl melt together chocolate chips and 1 Tablespoon peanut butter.
Pour over the prepared base and allow to chill in the refrigerator or freezer for 10 minutes.
Cut and Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)