This Brown Butter Pecan Cereal Bar Recipe is so easy to make! These no bake snack bars are crispy and delicious, loaded with nutty flavor and drizzled with white chocolate.
Rice cereal is a common ingredient in treats like Chocolate Chip Granola Bars or Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats. These homemade Brown Butter Pecan Cereal Bars use Rice Chex cereal which makes them extra crispy!
Brown Butter Pecan Cereal Bars
Pin it to your DESSERTS BOARD to SAVE it!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What Are Cereal Bars?
Cereal Bars are a delicious, easy to make, homemade treat. They usually include a type of cereal, butter or margarine and some kind of sweetener or binding ingredient such as sugar, honey, or in this cereal bar recipe, marshmallows.
They are perfect as an after school snack, for a quick grab n go breakfast, or an easy hand held dessert at potlucks or picnics.
How to Make Cereal Bars?
This Brown Butter Pecan Cereal Bar Recipe is a fancy twist on the marshmallowy cereal bar snacks that we all grew up craving. And did I mention that they’re super easy to make?
- Simply melt the butter and marshmallows on the stove top.
- Stir the cereal and nuts into the gooey mixture.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate and chill – no baking required!
I love these tasty bars for so many reasons. They have that salty-sweet balance that appeals to almost all taste buds, with a complex flavor that can be appreciated by older children and adults alike.
Tips & Tricks
- Line your baking dish with parchment paper or foil for this cereal bar recipe. When the bars are cooled, lift them out of the pan onto a cutting board where you can easily cut them into bars.
- Individually wrap each bar in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for a quick grab-n-go breakfast or snack!
- You can store these cereal bars on the counter for about 4-5 days in a tight fitting container or zippered bag for maximum freshness!
So whether you are looking for a quick after school snack or potluck dessert, this cereal bar recipe is the one you want!
Other Tasty Recipes To Try!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars – an easy no bake treat!
Cookie Butter Balls – super tasty!
Caramel Chocolate Cookies – uses a cake mix!
Brown Butter Toffee Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cookies – buttery goodness!
Eggless Edible Cookie Dough – ready in 5 minutes!
Brown Butter Pecan Cereal Bar Recipe
- ¾ cup butter (or 1½ sticks)
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Chex cereal
- ¾ cup pecan chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter until it begins to brown and golden flecks begin to appear.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir continuously until fully melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cereal and pecan chips, transfer to the prepared baking dish and press the mixture evenly into the dish. Cool for about an hour before cutting.
- Melt white chocolate chips and oil in the microwave on 30-second intervals, stirring between each one until melted. Drizzle over the top of cooled bars.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.