Everyone loves a good taco salad but a Cheeseburger Salad is just as good!
Enjoy fast-food with everyone else! This healthy take on a cheeseburger has all the deliciousness of the fast-food favorite, but with vegetables instead of the bun. This cheeseburger salad recipe is a great entrée salad and this recipe has it with special sauce, too!
PIN IT to your SALADS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick service restaurants are getting into the bun-less burger as well as burger bowls. Now everyone can make burger bowls at home in minutes.
- A great desktop lunch that’s filling, can be made into a keto version easily, and will keep you energized for the rest of the day!
- Lots of shortcuts by using pre-cut lettuce, pre-made dressing, and pre-cooked meat!
Ingredients and Variations
SALAD: Iceberg lettuce holds its crunch so it’s a great choice for this recipe. But romaine can work, too! Cherry tomatoes can be replaced with chopped tomatoes. Add any variety of veggies like shredded carrots, sliced brussels sprouts, daikon radishes, or green peas! For the cheeseburger flavor, use shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
MEAT: Seasoned hamburger tastes just like the real thing at fast-food restaurants. Try ground turkey or shredded chicken. This is a great recipe for using up leftover meat! Make a bacon cheeseburger salad by topping the salad with bacon bits!
DRESSING: Mayo and ketchup are low carb, but aim for sugar-free ketchup in keto recipes. Mix in chili sauce, vinegar, milk, pickles, and seasonings for that bright, tangy dressing.
How to Make Cheeseburger Salad
It’s so easy to make this tasty salad:
- Rehydrate onions in hot water.
- Mix dressing ingredients together except for milk.
- Cook ground beef with onion powder. Drain fat.
- Cut lettuce into wedges & add topping ingredients (as per recipe below).
- Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle on rehydrated onions.
Salad Making Tips!
- Keep dressing in a cruet or jar in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Dressing tastes great on hot dogs or mixed into macaroni salad too!
- For a chopped salad, just cut the lettuce up in smaller chunks along with other raw vegetables.
- Try serving it with a pitcher of sparkling berry lemonade or some refreshing raspberry lime wine spritzer.
- Make a cheeseburger wrap by using shredded lettuce, the seasoned ground beef, top with shredded cheese, and dressing.
In a pinch for time? Use bottled Thousand Island dressing, or leftover homemade dressing. Just add extra chopped pickles and some onion powder. Dill pickle relish can be switched out for the chopped dill pickles. Cover leftover Cheeseburger Salad in plastic wrap and keep cold until ready to eat. Use it up within a day or so, especially if the dressing has been added. Great for school or workdays!
Other Easy Entree Salads To Try!
- Taco Salad Bowl with Creamy Avocado Dressing – fresh!
- BBQ Chicken Macaroni Salad recipe – perfect for summer.
- BLT Pasta Salad – easy potluck item.
- Ranch Macaroni Salad with Bacon and Chicken – so full of flavor.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce washed and chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon dehydrated onion flakes
- 2 dill pickles sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ cup red onion
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Place 3 Tablespoons of dehydrated onion flakes in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients except milk in a small bowl. Microwave 25 seconds, stir well and refrigerate. Once cool, add in milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Brown ground beef with onion powder until fully cooked. Drain any fat and set aside.
- Divide the lettuce into quarters and top with cheese, beef, tomatoes, pickles, and onion. Top with the dressing and sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon of onion flakes, serve immediately.