Nothing is easier or more fun to make and eat than Gooey Crock Pot Monkey Bread! Just the name itself sounds like fun, doesn’t it? This recipe uses pre made biscuits that get tossed in the crock pot with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon for the ooiest, gooiest, best pull-apart bread ever!
I love to use my slow cooker for easy meals and desserts like this CrockPot Cinnamon Roll Casserole or Crock Pot Apple Cobbler Recipe. And Monkey Bread is another wonderful easy crock pot dish that your family will love!
Gooey Crock Pot Monkey Bread
Pin it to your BREAKFAST BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Don’t be afraid to prepare a batch of monkey bread in the crock pot and then take it to work or to a potluck and plug it in and get it started! Soon enough the whole room will be filled with the scent of luscious cinnamon sugar and everyone will be wanting a piece (or more!) of monkey bread for themselves. It’s also a perfect offering the morning after a sleepover! One pot breakfast ready to go!
How To Make Monkey Bread
- Make cinnamon sugar by mixing the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Cut each biscuit into 6 equal pieces and toss in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Grease a slow cooker and place a glass jar in the center. Place the coated biscuit pieces around the glass jar.
- Mix together melted butter, brown sugar and leftover cinnamon sugar and pour evenly over the biscuits.
- Cover the slow cooker with two layers of paper towels and place the lid on top. The paper towels will absorb extra moisture so the biscuits can cook and rise properly.
- Cook on high for 1 – 1.5 hours. Serve warm straight from the slow cooker!
The Best Monkey Bread Toppings
So many tasty toppings are perfect to add to this breakfast recipe! Here is a list of my personal faves:
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mini butterscotch chips
- Mini peanut butter chips
- A drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce
- Grated orange peel
- Pomegranate seeds
- Flaked, toasted coconut
- Chopped peanuts
- Slivered almonds
- Crushed Oreo cookies
What To Serve With Monkey Bread
This gooey breakfast treat lends itself perfectly to fresh cut fruit…especially bananas, right?
If you plan on serving this as a breakfast pastry then fresh cut fruit is a great option! Cut up pieces of cantaloupe, honeydew, or watermelon, some orange slices, strawberries, and a handful of blueberries.
If it is served on a breakfast or brunch buffet table, then a tray of scrambled eggs, some bacon and sausage will round out choices for your guests.
Other Delicious Breakfast Ideas To Try!
No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls – using pizza dough!
Overnight Breakfast Blueberry Cake – perfect for holiday mornings!
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes – oven baked breakfast.
Cinnamon Apple Bread – all those fall flavors!
Nutella Stuffed Monkey Bread – a delicious twist on an old favorite.
Gooey Crock Pot Monkey Bread
- Mix cinnamon and white sugar in a small bowl.
- Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces. Toss with cinnamon sugar. Place in the bottom of a greased 6qt slow cooker.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar and any remaining cinnamon mixture. Pour over biscuits.
- Gently cover the slow cooker with a double layer of paper towels. Ensure the paper towel isn't touching the food, it is to absorb moisture. Place the lid on top of the paper towels and cook on high for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Updated. Original recipe at McCormick