If there is a craving for ice cream, then this frozen Banana Split Pie recipe is sure to satisfy!
This pie is so deliciously cold and sweet and it can be whipped up so easily, even the kids can make it. This icebox cake is the perfect dessert to bring to a BBQ, potluck, or picnic. Cool and refreshing, simple, and so easy to make, it is bound to be a hit with everyone.
Banana Split Pie
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Icebox Pie
- This pie would fall into the category of icebox pies. Why? Because it requires no baking. Even the crust is made from a prebought graham cracker crust. The filling is mixed and then added layer by layer. Because this is a no-bake pie it is perfect for those hot days when the kitchen just doesn’t need any more heat!
- This pie is placed in the freezer. After some time it will have the consistency of ice cream and with the combination of strawberries and banana, it will taste so much like a banana split. So tasty!
Ingredients & Variations
YOGURT Strawberry and banana yogurt are added to this pie. However, other flavored yogurts would also work in this recipe – vanilla, chocolate, cherry, or blueberry.
CRUST Graham crackers make the perfect crust because they are so buttery and sweet. A store-bought crust also saves so much time. But it is also so easy to make a crust at home.
FRUIT Ripe bananas (not brown), and fresh strawberries are the secret powerhouses to this icebox pie.
TOPPINGS There are so many options for this part – cool whip, sprinkles, chocolate sauce, ganache, strawberry sauce, and chopped nuts just to name a few.
How to Make Banana Split Pie
Have a cool and refreshing pie that tastes like banana split ready in no time.
- Line pie crust with bananas.
- Mix the cool whip and the yogurts and spread in pie crust.
- Add a layer of sliced strawberries and a layer of banana yogurt.
- Freeze (as per the recipe below). Then top and serve.
This easy frozen treat is perfect for a hot summer’s day!
Tips for Best Icebox Pie
Remember to let the pie sit in the freezer for the allotted amount of time. This will let the ingredients set and give the pie time to chill.
Other Cool and Refreshing Treats
- York Hot Fudge Topped Brownie Sundae Cups recipe – Mini but mighty treats
- McDonald’s Copycat Shamrock Shake – Minty Green
- Slam Dunk Reese’s Brownie Bottom Ice Cream Cake Recipe! – Oh my so good
- Easy Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe – Cheesecake and ice cream
Frozen Banana Split Pie recipe
- 16 ounces whipped topping
- 12 ounces strawberry yogurt two 6 oz jars
- 12 ounces banana yogurt two 6 oz jars
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 3 bananas sliced
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- chocolate syrup optional
- nuts chopped, optional
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together 1 cup of Cool Whip and the strawberry yogurt.
- In another small mixing bowl, mix together 1 cup of Cool Whip and the banana cream yogurt.
- Line bottom of pie crust with sliced bananas.
- Top banana slices with strawberry yogurt mixture.
- Add a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Top strawberry slices with banana yogurt.
- Place in freezer and freeze about 90 minutes, just long enough to really chill the ingredients.
- Top with Cool Whip and garnish with banana slices, strawberry slices, chocolate syrup, or chopped nuts.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Banana Split Pie recipe