This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Are you looking for a quick and easy appetizer? Look no further than Fried Tortellini! It is the perfect ‘make and take’ savory snack that’s a winner for any occasion!
Everyone loves these fried cheese tortellini morsels! A cheesy filling is encased with a crispy Panko covered coating to make a scrumptious bite sized snack that is so satisfying. Serve them with a simple tomato or marinara sauce, or if you really love cheese, dip them in zesty Rotel Dip or this super Creamy Bacon Dip.
Pin it your APPETIZERS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What Is Fried Tortellini Like?
Deep fried tortellini with marinara sauce is a perfect vegetarian snack that is hearty and filling! This recipe makes a crispy tortellini coating while the cheese inside stays creamy! Fried cheese tortellini is super easy to make and everyone will love it!
Let’s Make Them!
- Preheat the deep fryer or oil to 350˚F.
- Add coating ingredients to a zippered bag and mix.
- Whisk the egg dip and add only HALF of this mixture to a separate zippered bag.
- Add tortellini in small batches to the egg dip, allowing the excess to drip off before tossing with the coating mix. Remove. Continue this process for all the tortellini.
- Pour the remaining HALF of the egg mixture to the zippered bag.
- Repeat the entire process again. You will end up with a double coated tortellini that is ready to cook.
- In small batches, fry the tortellini for only about 2-3 minutes and place on a paper towel.
- Serve with warm tomato sauce.
How Long To Fry Them
Fried cheese tortellini has a quick turnaround time! Be sure to fry in small batches because you do not want them to stick together. If the oil is 350˚F, fry for only two or three minutes. Look for a uniform, crispy, light gold color before scooping them out with a slotted spoon.
Reheating Fried Tortellini
It’s easy to reheat fried tortellini!
- Simply place a little bit of oil in a saute pan and toss a few in at a time to make them crispy again, about 5 minutes.
- Microwaving works as well but they won’t be as crispy. It will only take a few seconds in the microwave, and watch to be sure they do not become hard.
- For baked tortellini, place them in a single layer on a sheet pan and reheat at 350˚F for about 10 minutes. Don’t over bake them or they will split apart and the cheese will spill out.
- Reheat the marinara sauce, heat the toasted tortellini and you’ve got a whole new meal again!
Try this easy recipe today and let the ooh’s and aah’s come pouring in!
More Delicious Appetizers To Try
Loaded Mashed Potato Balls – super cheesy!
Pizza Dough Breadsticks – easy to make appetizer.
Crab & Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Rolls – creamy goodness.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe – a fresh and delicious recipe.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders – perfect to feed a crowd.
Fried Tortellini is the perfect easy to make savory snack! Cheese filled tortellini are breaded and deep fried for a satisfying bite sized snack.
- 1 package cheese tortellini uncooked
- oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- tomato sauce
- parmesan cheese
Preheat deep fryer or oil to 350˚F.
- Place all coating ingredients in a large Ziplock bag and shake to mix.
Whisk together eggs, 2 tablespoons flour and milk. Place HALF of this mixture in a zippered bag.
- Toss tortellini in small batches with the egg mixture in the ziploc bag. Let any excess egg drip off the tortellini and place it into the coating mixture. Shake to coat and remove from the bag. Continue until all tortellini is coated.
- Once coated, place remaining egg mixture into the ziploc and repeat coating process with egg and bread crumb mixture.
- Fry tortellini in small batches about 2-3 minutes or until crisp and browned. Season and garnish.
- Serve with warm tomato sauce.
Nutrition calculated without garnishes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)