Fried Tortellini are a quick and easy appetizer! The tortellini is double breadcrumb coated and fried until crispy and delicious. It is the perfect ‘make and take’ savory snack that’s a winner for any occasion!
Everyone loves these fried cheese tortellini morsels! Dip them in a zesty Rotel Dip or this super Creamy Bacon Dip!
Pin it your APPETIZERS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What Is Fried Tortellini Like?
Deep fried tortellini with marinara sauce is a perfect vegetarian snack that is hearty and filling!
This recipe makes a crispy tortellini coating while the cheese inside stays creamy! Fried cheese tortellini is super easy to make and everyone will love it!
Let’s Make Them!
This simple recipe is quick to prepare. Start the oil or deep frying preheating and start tossing!
- Combine coating ingredients and egg mixture to separate zippered bag (per recipe below).
- Add tortellini in small batches to the egg mixture, then toss with the coating mix.
- Repeat the entire process again, double coating the tortellini.
- In small batches, fry the tortellini and place on a paper towel.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with warm tomato sauce. Yum!
How Long To Fry Them
Fried cheese tortellini has a quick turnaround time! Be sure to fry in small batches because you do not want them to stick together.
If the oil is 350˚F, fry for only 2-3 minutes. Look for a uniform, crispy, light gold color before scooping them out with a slotted spoon.
Reheating Fried Tortellini
It’s easy to reheat fried tortellini!
- Pan Fried Heat a bit of oil in a saute pan and toss a few in at a time to make them crispy again, about 5 minutes.
- Microwaved Microwaving works as well but they won’t be as crispy. It will only take a few seconds in the microwave, and watch to be sure they do not become hard.
- Baked place them in a single layer on a sheet pan and reheat at 350˚F for about 10 minutes. Don’t over bake them or they will split apart and the cheese will spill out.
Reheat the marinara sauce, heat the toasted tortellini and you’ve got a whole new meal again!
Try this easy recipe today and let the ooh’s and aah’s come pouring in!
Deliciously Cheesy Appetizers
- Bacon Cream Cheese Biscuits – so satisfying!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip – easy, cheesy family favorite
- Cheesy Taco Pockets – quick fix on a busy weeknight!
- Pizza Mac and Cheese Bites – perfect bite sized portions
- Chili Cheese Dip – 4 simple ingredients!
- 1 package cheese tortellini uncooked
- oil for frying
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup milk
Garnish & Serving
- tomato sauce
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat deep fryer or oil to 350˚F.
- Place all coating ingredients in a large zippered bag and shake to mix.
- Whisk together eggs, 2 tablespoons flour and milk. Place HALF of this mixture in a another zippered bag.
- Toss tortellini in small batches in the egg mixture. Let any excess egg drip off the tortellini and place it into the coating mixture. Shake to coat and remove from the bag. Continue until all tortellini is coated.
- Once coated, place remaining egg mixture into the zippered and repeat coating process with egg and bread crumb mixture.
- Fry tortellini in small batches about 2-3 minutes or until crisp and browned. Season and garnish.
- Serve with warm tomato sauce.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
More Delicious Appetizers To Try
- Loaded Mashed Potato Balls – super cheesy!
- Pizza Dough Breadsticks – easy to make appetizer
- Crab & Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Rolls – creamy goodness
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe – a fresh and delicious recipe!
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders – perfect to feed a crowd!
REPIN this Delicious Appetizer Recipe