Who doesn’t love a good cookie recipe? I sure do! And this Caramel Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies recipe takes gooey chocolate cookies to the next level! Each cookie is stuffed with a lusciously decadent caramel that will melt in your mouth on the first bite!
I just love the combination of chocolate and caramel! Caramel Brownies have been a long time favorite of mine, but these caramel chocolate cookies made with cake mix may have taken over that title!
Caramel Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Pin it your DESSERTS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
The great thing about making cookies using a boxed cake mix is that you just need to add the eggs and oil. All the dry ingredients are already in the box! It just can’t get any easier! Experiment with different cake mix flavors to create your own signature cake mix cookie recipe!
This recipe can also be modified easily to make cake mix cookie bars!
How To Make Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and prep a sheet pan with pan release or parchment paper.
- Mix cake mix, eggs and oil and form the dough around one of the caramels.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar if you like!
Delicious Chocolate Cake Mix Cookie Additions
Here’s where you can let your imagination go wild! This is a list of my favorite add ins, but feel free to add anything you like!
- Mini peanut butter candies
- Mini M&M’s
- Butterscotch bits
- Toffee bits
- Jelly Bellys (perfect with a white cake mix at Easter)!
- Toasted peanuts or walnuts
- Dried cherries
- Shredded coconut
- Red or green candied cherries (perfect for the holidays)!
- Multi-colored sprinkles and non-pareils!
How Long Do Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Last?
Countertop – Chocolate cake mix cookies will last about a week if they are kept in an airtight container or a zippered bag.
Freezer – These cake mix cookies can even be frozen for about 3-6 months. Place cooled cookies in a zippered bag labeled with the date.
Be sure to bring frozen cookies to room temperature before eating so that the caramel in the middle has a chance to soften up.
Other Super Cookies To Try!
Peanut Butter Cookies – a classic!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – just so yummy.
No Bake Coconut Pecan Cookies – super easy!
Buttery Almond Cookies – decadent.
Snowball Cookies – simple and delicious.
Chocolate Caramel Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix Devil's Food
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 24 caramels unwrapped*
- powdered sugar to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil (it will form a sticky dough)
- Form a small piece of dough into a ball and press a caramel into the center.
- Fully form the cookie dough around the caramel.
- Place on a greased baking sheet or parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. Let rest 2 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).
Inspired by Buns in my Oven