This Caramel Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies recipe takes gooey chocolate cookies to the next level.
Everyone sure loves a good cookie recipe! And this combination of soft chocolate and caramel will become a long-time favorite that may just win over any other cookie recipe. Each cookie is stuffed with a lusciously decadent caramel that will melt in your mouth on the first bite.
Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Caramel Stuffed Cookies
- The great thing about making cookies using a boxed cake mix is that the only extra ingredients are eggs and oil. All the dry ingredients are already in the box. These are so easy! Experiment with different cake mix flavors to create a personalized signature cake mix cookie recipe.
- The best thing about these cookies is that they are so tasty, so chewy, and rich in flavor. It will be hard to keep any leftovers.
- This recipe can also be modified easily to make cake mix cookie bars.
Ingredients & Variations
CAKE MIX There are a variety of cake mix options to choose from. The best choice for this recipe is the devil’s food cake mix. This mix is soft and moist and helps ensure that the cookies in this recipe are just chewy and rich also.
CARAMELS The best caramels for these cookies are Werthers. These will remain soft after baking. Remember to unwrap!
VARIATIONS Let the imagination run wild with all these add-ins: mini peanut butter candies, mini M&M’s, Butterscotch bits, toffee bits, jelly belly (perfect with a white cake mix at Easter), toasted peanuts or walnuts, red or green candied cherries (perfect for the holidays), and multi-colored sprinkles and nonpareils!
How to Make Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
These caramel stuffed cookies are bound to be devoured!
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, and oil.
- Form cookies and press caramel into them.
- Bake (as per the recipe below).
Tips & Tricks
Countertop: Chocolate cake mix cookies will last about a week if they are kept in an airtight container or a zippered bag.
Freezer: These cake mix cookies can even be frozen for about 3-6 months. Place cooled cookies in a zippered bag labeled with the date.
Be sure to bring frozen cookies to room temperature before eating so that the caramel in the middle has a chance to soften up.
Other Super Cookies To Try!
- Peanut Butter Cookies – a classic!
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – just so yummy
- No Bake Coconut Pecan Cookies – super easy!
- Buttery Almond Cookies – decadent
- Snowball Cookies – simple and delicious!
Chocolate Caramel Cake Mix Cookies
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil (it will form a sticky dough).
- Form a small piece of dough into a ball and press a caramel into the center.
- Fully form the cookie dough around the caramel.
- Place on a greased baking sheet or parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. Let rest 2 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).