Cake Mix Cookie Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cake Mix Cooke Bars are soft, warm, gooey, and delicious in every bite! These are definitely going to be a family favorite any night of the week.
Desserts are such a great way to bring smiles and laughter to friends and family. Texas Sheet Cake and S’mores are amazing chocolate treats that are always a hit, followed closely by these easy Cake Mix Cookie Bars!
Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more yummy ideas!
This Cake Mix Cookie Bars recipe is made with four simple ingredients that you probably have on hand in your cupboard and refrigerator; boxed cake mix, eggs, melted butter and chocolate candy. So this delicious cookie bar recipe is perfect when you need something in snap.
With only 15-20 minutes to bake, you can enjoy these hot, gooey, and mouthwatering treats in no time flat!
How To Make Cookie Bars From Cake Mix
- Prepare the oven to 350˚F and line a 9×13 glass dish with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, and melted butter.
- Fold chopped chocolate into cake batter.
- Pour batter into prepared glass dish.
- Bake until edges are golden brown.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate (optional).
- Cool, cut and serve!
Should I Use A Glass or Metal Baking Dish?
Metal pans will heat up much quicker than glass pans and therefore could overcook your dessert. So if you use a metal baking dish you need to watch your cookie bars closely or decrease the cooking temperature by 25 degrees.
What Can you Add To Cake Mix Cookie Bars?
- Bring on the Candy! These cake mix cookie bars can be made with chocolate chips, your kid’s favorite kind of candy bar or even candy sprinkles. There are no limits so use your imagination or whatever you have on hand. Some great add-in ideas are:
- Butterscotch chips
- Peppermint patty’s
- Reece’s pieces
- Mix up the Mix! I used yellow cake mix to make these cooke bars, but any flavor of cake mix will work equally well. Stock up with different varieties when they go on sale.
- It’s getting a little nutty! Add chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds to this dessert.
- Cool it down! Serve these warm cookie bars with a dollop of ice cream for a truly special treat!
More Decadent And Delicious Treats To Try!
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake – the perfect bite sized treat!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – a classic!
Brookies Bars – a chocolate lovers dream.
Peanut Butter Bars – easy and delicious.
Butterscotch Blondies – tasty!
Soft, warm, gooey, and delicious in every bite, these cake mix cookie bars are going to be a family favorite any night of the week.
- 1 box cake mix I used yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups chopped chocolate I used Hershey's miniatures
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (melted) optional for drizzling
Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line a 9x13 glass dish with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl combine cake mix eggs, and melted butter.
Add in 2 cups chopped chocolate and fold into cake mix batter.
Pour cake mix batter into prepared glass dish and place in the oven for 15-20, just until edges are golden brown. The middle may not look fully cooked, but do not worry it will set as it cools.
Once cooled, cut into squares.
Optional - melt 1/3 cup chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and drizzle over the top of the cake mix cooke bars.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)