Across America, millions of adults hold fond memories of Peanut Butter Cookies lovingly placed in lunch boxes, or warm batches waiting on the kitchen table after sports practice. That delicious aroma of fresh baked peanut butter cookies is hard to forget.
Soft, chewy with just the right amount of crispness on the outside, these peanut butter cookies are a classic treat perfect for lunches, snacks, or dessert anytime! Another super recipe for a quick and easy lunchbox treat is my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. Your family will love it too!
In the sections below, I will assist you with passing on this classic treat to the next generation, and troubleshoot one common problem. Read on for the full Peanut Butter Cookies recipe!
Peanut Butter Cookies
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
How do you make Peanut Butter Cookies?
Peanut Butter Cookies are made by mixing together simple, common ingredients with a hand-held electric mixer. The dough is then balled, coated with additional sugar, and flattened with the trademark crosshatch.
Bake for about 12-14 minutes, then cool and enjoy!
Why are my Peanut Butter Cookies dry and crumbly?
There are a few possible explanations. First, check to make sure you are using the proper proportions of each ingredient. Too much white sugar or flour? Too little brown sugar or peanut butter? Your cookies will be dry!
It is also possible that you are over baking the dough. Remember that the cookies will harden as they cool, so remove them from the oven a bit before they reach the desired crispiness.
If these two checks fail, add a little more peanut butter or another egg to your mixture. (Egg white holds the dough together, and yolk moistens it.) You can also try reducing the white sugar content.
If you are wondering how to make the criss cross pattern on these Peanut Butter Cookies, the secret is so simple! After the dough is rolled into balls on your baking sheet, dip a fork into either flour or sugar and flatten each cookie in a criss cross pattern. It really is super easy and it looks so pretty!
Here are a few more delicious cookie recipes to try!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies So easy and delicious!
4 ingredient Chocolate Peanutbutter Cookies Another great peanut butter cookie recipe!
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment or Silpat mats.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar using a hand-held electric mixer, until well mixed.
- Add egg and vanilla and continue to beat until well mixed. Add peanut butter and mix until well mixed. Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda until well combined.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls then roll in extra sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets; flatten balls in a criss-cross pattern with fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake 12 minutes for chewy cookies or 14 minutes for crispy cookies or until edges are lightly brown and the cookies look dry on the top. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter