This Easy Grape Salad recipe is a sweet alternative to the traditional green salad.
Don’t settle for the same ho-hum boring salad with this blast from the past recipe. Sweet grapes are cut in half and coated with a creamy, sweet and savory dressing. The flavors literally ‘pop’ in your mouth and the pecans add a bit extra crunchy texture. It’s a dessert salad that is unique and everyone loves!
Easy Grape Salad
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Grape Salad Recipe
- This refreshing salad is made with sweet juicy grapes that are tossed with a creamy dressing and topped with crunchy sweet pecans. Make it for dessert, breakfast, or as a fun side dish with dinner.
- Serve this Easy Grape Salad for a morning brunch along with an Egg Frittata, or an Egg and Sausage Breakfast Casserole. And complete the meal with a delicious Hashbrown Casserole.
- It makes a unique and delicious holiday side dish and is so beautiful set on any festive table. Plus the leftovers are perfect served with a Biscuit Turkey Casserole or a Leftover Turkey Casserole and some Cranberry Stuffing Muffins.
Ingredients and Variations
GRAPES – Seedless grapes are definitely the best choice for this recipe! Choose between green or red grapes, or both for a medley of colors. Red grapes are generally considered sweeter than their green cousins, but that can make a delicious combination of flavors! Cut the grapes lengthwise to make them extra pretty.
PRO TIP: To cut grapes – sandwich grapes between two lids. Using a sharp knife, slice between the two lids. All the grapes inside will be cut perfectly in half, saving a ton of time!
THE DRESSING – Sour cream, cream cheese, a little brown sugar and vanilla are the secret ingredients to this dressing. The sour cream makes this salad a little tart, but is a delightful compliment to the sweet grapes.
NUTS – Pecans, with their nutty sweetness, give it this salad both crunch and added flavor. Toast pecans prior to adding to the salad. It will bring out more of their flavor and give them added crunch!
VARIATIONS – Add a few cranberries, some chopped celery, or apples to this salad. Or replace the pecans with other nuts like chopped walnut pieces or slivered almonds. Sub maple flavoring in place of vanilla for a different flavor profile.
How To Make Grape Salad
Make this sweet, and smooth salad for almost any meal!
- Blend the dressing as per the recipe below.
- Stir in the grapes.
- Refrigerate and serve.
Tips For Success!
Let the cream cheese come to room temperature before making the dressing. Soft cream cheese always blends easier!
Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to make the dressing. Not only is this easy on the cook, but also helps break down the cream cheese to create a light and fluffy dressing.
Add pecans after the salad has been refrigerated for two hours, or just prior to serving. This helps keep the pecans extra crunchy.
Easy Dessert Salad Recipes!
- Snicker Salad Recipe – ready in just 15 minutes!
- Cranberry Jello Salad – a festive dessert salad side dish.
- Apple Walnut Salad – another holiday favorite!
- Strawberry Fluff – so light and fluffy.
- Lime Jello Salad – so colorful.
Easy Grape Salad
- Blend together cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer on medium until fluffy. Mix in sour cream.
- Stir in grapes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with pecans and additional brown sugar, if desired.
- Cut grapes in half lengthwise. They are so pretty cut this way.
- Use room temperature cream cheese for easier blending.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer for a light and fluffy dressing.
- Add pecans just prior to serving to keep them extra crunchy.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Recipe adapted from SpendwithPennies