Nothing beats this quick and easy recipe for Crockpot Chicken Alfredo!
Seasoned chicken breasts are cooked in a ready-made jar of cheesy, creamy alfredo pasta sauce. Cook juicy chicken breasts in the Crockpot until they are juicy and tender. Add some freshly cooked fettuccine noodles and a delicious and super easy dinner is on the table in minutes!
Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo
- Crockpot Chicken Alfredo is a restaurant-level dish without the work!
- This dish is a time and money saver, perfect for dinner parties or potlucks. Let guests help themselves directly from the Crockpot!
- While the slow cooker is working its magic, there is time to make some Pizza Dough Breadsticks, and an Easy Greek Salad or Spinach and Strawberry Salad. Roasted Broccolini would also make an absolutely delicious side along with chicken alfredo!
Ingredients and Variations
MEAT: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts cook up perfectly in the Crockpot, but boneless, skinless chicken thighs will work as well. This is also a great recipe for Italian sausage, Meatballs, shrimp or smoked salmon.
SAUCE: There are many varieties of premade Alfredo sauce but it’s easy to add a little twist to it by adding extra parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, even a dash of your favorite hot sauce or Cajun seasoning!
PASTA: Choose pasta varieties that are bigger and thicker to hold the sauce. This recipe calls for fettuccine, but penne, rigatoni, or bow-tie are good choices. For low-carb pasta, try using freshly made zucchini ‘zoodles.’
ADD-INS: A bag of frozen peas adds a pop of color and sweetness to Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo, as will some frozen spinach, broccoli, and sliced mushrooms. Mix and match your favorites to make a hearty meal!
How to Make Chicken Alfredo in A Crock Pot
When it comes to shortcut dinners that taste great, this is one of the easiest to prepare:
- Place seasoned chicken breasts on the bottom of the Crockpot.
- Top with Alfredo sauce and cook (as per the recipe below).
- With 20 minutes left on the timer, cook pasta. While pasta is cooking shred cooked chicken and add back to the slow cooker.
- Add cooked pasta to pot, stir and serve with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley (if desired).
Crockpot Chicken Alfredo can be made in advance and kept chilled in the refrigerator until ready to reheat either back in the Crockpot or on the stovetop. Use specially made Crockpot liners to shorten cleanup time!
Keep leftover Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or microwave. For best results, stir in a little milk to loosen the sauce. Portions can be frozen in zippered bags for up to 4 weeks, however, thawed pasta won’t be as firm as fresh. Simply add new pasta.
Other Easy Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Creamy Crockpot Chicken Thighs With Mushrooms – easy weeknight meal.
- Crock Pot French Dip Recipe – perfect for potlucks or parties.
- Shredded Chicken Tacos – crockpot recipe!
- Crockpot Meatloaf – a family favorite!
CrockPot Chicken Alfredo
- Season chicken breasts with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Place in the crockpot and pour alfredo sauce on top. Cover and cook on low for 2.5 hours or on high for 1.5 hours.
- When there is 15-20 minutes left on the crock pot timer, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Remove cooked chicken from crockpot and shred with a fork, return to the pot and stir in cooked alfredo noodles.
- Stir until fully combined and top with parmesan cheese.
- Cook Crockpot Chicken Alfredo in advance, cool and refrigerate until ready to reheat. It can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
- Reheat back in the slow cooker or on the stovetop and stir in a little milk to loosen the sauce.
- Use Crockpot liners for quick cleanup!