Corn, Potato & Bacon Chowder recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
This Corn, Potato & Bacon Chowder recipe is perfect for this cold weather we’ve been having!! It’s easy to make, and is sooo yummy and warming! You’ll defnitely want to pin this to your soup board because this recipe is a keeper!
This creamy corn soup will warm you from the inside out.
- 8 Slices Thick Bacon
- 2 cup Corn or one 12oz bag of Frozen Corn
- 3/4 cup Onion Chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Potatoes Cubed
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- 2 tablespoon Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Cook 1/2 of the slices of bacon until crispy.
- Crumble the bacon and set it aside
- Chop the rest of the bacon and add it to a cold pot.
- Turn heat to medium-high and cook until almost done.
- Drain only half of the bacon grease.
- Add seasonings, potatoes, corn, onions and garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter.
- Once butter has melted, whisk in flour and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in chicken broth and then the heavy cream.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir often.
- Serve with crumbled bacon on the top.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)