Festive cranberry Jello salad is a sweet-tart dessert that takes minutes to make!
Cranberry sauce, mandarin oranges, and crunchy pecans are mixed with raspberry Jell-O and topped with whipped cream.
Best of all, it’s a make-ahead dream during the busy holiday season!
Delish Holiday Salad!
- Cranberry salad with Jell-O is a fun and colorful addition to any celebration! So easy, that even the kids can help whip up this no-bake dessert!
- Begin the holiday feast with a simple cheese ball and cranberry meatballs for snacking, then serve this festive cranberry salad along with Thanksgiving turkey and all the fixings!
- This five-ingredient cranberry Jell-O recipe is a great recipe for making and taking to a party or potluck, and no cooking is required!
Just 5 Ingredients!
Cranberries – Canned cranberry sauce is available year-round and makes this dish come together super-fast! Add a handful of fresh cranberries for extra pops of citrusy sour flavor, if desired.
Jello – Raspberry, cherry, or any berry-flavored gelatin will work.
How to Make Cranberry Jell-O Salad
This easy peasy dessert is a cinch to make!
- Toast nuts and allow to cool completely.
- Prepare Jell-O as directed on the package. Set aside.
- Mix cranberry sauce, ½ cup pecans, and mandarin oranges until combined. Pour into a casserole dish and refrigerate until set.
- Spread Cool Whip over the top of the set salad and garnish with remaining pecans.
Tips for Success!
- Make up to a day ahead and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Toasting nuts in a dry saute pan intensifies their flavor and keeps them extra crunchy in the salad!
- Save the juice from the mandarin oranges and freeze in ice cubes to pop into cold drinks or cocktails!
Storing Cranberry Jell-O Salad
Keep leftover cranberry Jell-O salad covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Jell-O does not freeze or thaw well, but this recipe is so easy to make, why not just start fresh?
Have you tried this Cranberry Jello Salad recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Cranberry Jello Salad
- 1 6 ounces package raspberry or cherry Jell-o gelatin powder
- 1 cup boiling hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 14 ounces can whole berry cranberry sauce
- ¾ cup chopped pecans divided
- 1 11 ounces can mandarin oranges well drained
- 1 8 ounces cool whip topping ½ container, thawed
- In a small pan, toast pecans over medium heat until golden and fragrant, stirring often. Cool completely.
- In a large measuring cup mix Jell-o with boiling water, whisking until jello is dissolved. Stir in cold water.
- Break apart cranberry sauce in a large mixing bowl. Add in ½ cup pecans and drained mandarin oranges, gently stirring until combined.
- Mix in the Jell-o and pour into an 8×8 casserole dish. Refrigerate 5 hours or until set.
- Spread whipped topping evenly over chilled Jell-o and store in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, top with remaining chopped pecans.
- For a larger crowd, double the recipe and make in a 9×13 inch pan
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.