Lime Jello Salad is one of those vintage recipes that stands the test of time (and it’s really not salad, it’s lime jello with pears)!
This lime Jello fruit salad is easy enough for an everyday side dish or elegant enough to make for the holidays. Fresh pears and pear juice are set into a creamy lime green Jello base and cut into neat little squares all ready to garnish!
Lime Jello Salad
PIN IT to your SALADS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What is Lime Jello Salad?
- Who doesn’t have a favorite childhood memory that doesn’t involve Jello? It’s a deliciously comforting go-to salad or dessert that’s perfect for any occasion!
- Famously versatile, and easy to make, Jello is always an eye-catching addition to any table.
- This fruit salad is a budget-friendly dessert, making it the perfect dish for a crowd!
What’s in Jello Salad?
JELLO: This recipe lays out the basics that let the chef switch out orange, raspberry, cherry, or lemon Jello instead of lime. So many options! Lime Jello has a bright, clean flavor that’s a perfect complement for soft and creamy canned pears. Vanilla yogurt is sweet and mildly tangy. No yogurt? Use cottage cheese or half the amount of softened cream cheese.
FRUIT: Canned pears come in halves and they look dramatic suspended in the lime green jello. ‘Pear’ them with chopped cranberries for a festive look, or drained pineapple rings. Place half a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple ring before setting it with the second layer of Jello.
MIX-INS & TOPPINGS: Mix in mini marshmallows (plain or colored), or mini pretzels (crushed, optional), or coconut. Or, top with scoops of cool whip, berries, or a drizzle of Caramel Sauce.
Jello & Fruit Pairings
- Lime Jello with pears and walnuts
- Orange Jello with mandarin oranges or bananas
- Raspberry Jello with blueberries and mini marshmallows
- Cherry Jello with grapes and pretzels
How to Make Jello Salad
This fruit salad is so easy to make!
- Drain pears & reserve juice.
- Dissolve 1 package lime Jello in hot water, then mix with vanilla yogurt and refrigerate.
- Dissolve second package of lime Jello in hot water, then mix with pear juice and refrigerate.
- Lay pears over cooled creamy lime Jello layer, then pour pear juice Jello mixture over top.
- Chill till firm, garnish & serve.
PRO TIP: If using cottage cheese, choose small curd and be sure to drain it before adding to the salad.
How to Store Jello Salad
Keep Lime Jello Salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Drain any liquid from the pan before cutting and serving. Jello can be frozen but the texture changes dramatically once frozen so it’s best to enjoy it fresh!
Salads That Double As Desserts!
- Easy Grape Salad – fresh and tasty.
- Snicker Salad Recipe – irresistable.
- Strawberry Fluff – like a cloud.
Lime Jello Salad
- 2 cans pear halves in juice 14 ounces/790 ml each
- 2 packages lime Jell-o 85 g each
- 2 cups boiling water divided
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- Measure ½ cup of juice from the pears and set aside. Drain remaining pears.
- Place 1 cup boiling water in a bowl with 1 package of jello and whisk until dissolved. Stir in yogurt. Pour into a 9x9 pan and refrigerate.
- Place the remaining 1 cup of boiling water in a bowl. Whisk in the second package of Jell-o and the reserved ½ cup of pear juice. Chill until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Arrange pears, cut side down, in the yogurt mixture. Top with the chilled pear jello.
- Refrigerate until completely set. Cut into squares and serve.
- Nutrition calculated using pears, not canned pears.
- Store leftover Jello Salad in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
REPIN this Lime Jello Salad recipe!