Creamsicle Jello Shots are an out-of-the-box dreamy summer treat! Brightly colored, sweet, and citrus-y, these fun little orange jello shots are so easy to make, you’ll want to double up the recipe!
This isn’t the basic college go-to, these fancy orange creamsicle jello shots are an instant hit at any party! As soon as your guests pop one in their mouth, they’ll be asking for more!
Everyone knows that the best parties have great food and drinks! So be sure to have plenty of yummy appetizers like BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites, Buffalo Sausage Dip with celery and carrot sticks or Buffalo Chicken Sliders! Rinse it down with a refreshing Vodka Sweet Tea or one of these delicious orange shots!
Creamsicle Jello Shots
Pin it to your DRINKS BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
When you make this creamsicle jello shots recipe, start with vanilla flavored vodka. It’ll really add a depth of flavor, just like a real creamsicle, but for grownups!
How to Make Jello Shots
- Dissolve orange gelatin in one cup of boiling water. Whisk until it is fully dissolved.
- Stir in vanilla vodka.
- Pour into an 8×8 baking pan and refrigerate for at least one hour (although, the longer the better to make sure they are really cold)!
You can also experiment with a few flexible ice-cube trays, or 2 oz. condiment cups, if you want really uniform looking shots. Stack them on a plate in a circle and place a dish of real whipped cream in the center so guests can top their own shot! So much fun!
Mix up the gelatin flavor– The orange dreamsicle jello shots recipe is the all-time favorite! But why not try cherry? Or lime? Or watermelon? So many possibilities!
When preparing for your gathering and considering all those last minute details, you may be wondering how long does it take for Jello Shots to Set? This recipe calls for a minimum of one hour to set. But the longer they are allowed to set, the firmer they’ll be and the colder they’ll be going down the hatch! So make them ahead of time, even the night before or the week of!
How Long are Jello Shots Good For?
Without the whipped cream topping and as long as they stay cold and covered in the fridge, they will last about 7 to 10 days until the taste and texture start to deteriorate a little. It really is hard to say, since they don’t last long after the party, do they?
Try These Summery Cocktails:
- Watermelon Sangria – perfect summer cocktail.
- Fresh Cranberry Mimosa – only 5 ingredients in this brunch classic!
- Raspberry Lime Wine Spritzer – white wine infused with vibrant flavors.
- Moscato Strawberry Lemonade – just 5 mins to make!
- Sidecar Cocktail– delicious citrus flavor!
Creamsicle Jello Shots Recipe
- 1 3 ounce package orange flavored gelatin
- 1 cup vanilla flavored vodka
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream
- Pour 1 cup boiling water onto orange flavored gelatin. Let gelatin dissolve completely.
- Add vanilla vodka and stir.
- Pour into an 8"x8" pan (or pour into individual cups if you have them)
- Refrigerate for minimum of 1 hour.
- Cut into 12 (or more) squares.
- Top the squares (or cups) with the whipped cream immediately before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots adapted from Tablespoon
where is the recipe for this?
You should see it now Deb!