This recipe for Cheesy Chicken Vegetable Casserole is so quick and easy, it’s perfect any day of the week!
Everyone loves a cheesy chicken casserole recipe, and this one is sure to be a hit with the whole family! It’s a creamy delight loaded with healthy vegetables, tasty bacon, and sharp cheddar cheese, it can be served keto style, or eaten with pasta or rice.
Cheesy Chicken Vegetable Casserole
PIN IT to your CASSEROLES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Chicken Vegetable Casserole
- You’ll love this veggie and chicken filled casserole! Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a garnish of sliced green onions!
- Easy “one and done” recipes that are loaded with delicious ingredients are the best! Make this casserole for a week of energizing lunches and dinners!
- This tasty cheese sauce is a winner! Using cream cheese and heavy cream, this sauce clings to all of the ingredients so that every bite is amazing! Use it alone as a tasty dip for roasted cauliflower or roasted asparagus too!
Ingredients and Variations
VEGETABLES: Colorful cauliflower and broccoli are the foundation veggies here, but feel free to use zucchini, summer squash, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, or bell peppers. This casserole is perfect for using up leftovers, too!
How To Make Chicken Casserole
Great casseroles are always loaded with filling veggies, healthy proteins, and lots of cheese:
- Blanch cauliflower & add broccoli. Drain & set aside.
- Cook bacon, reserve 1 Tablespoon of fat.
- Add garlic, cream cheese, and dill. Stir in cream and broth, add ½ cup of cheddar & stir until smooth.
- Put vegetables & chicken in a casserole dish, toss with cheese sauce. Cover with remaining cheddar cheese & bake (per recipe below) until the top is golden brown.
- Before starting the recipe, set the cream cheese out to soften for about 30 minutes so it’s easier to whisk into the sauce.
- Cut veggies to similar size so they cook at the same rate.
- Save individual portions in air-tight containers for workday lunches or fast dinners on busy weeknights!
- This dish is excellent to make for guests or family members who are on a low carb or keto diet. Serve the casserole with no rice or pasta, or have some available in serving dishes on the side for those who want them!
Time Saving Tips
Try having a batch cooking day or a meal prep day. Cut up vegetables, cheese, onions, mince garlic, make stock or broth, and cook chicken, ground beef, steak bites, and other add-ins. These can be assembled during the week into various meals. Cheesy Chicken Vegetable Casserole is especially easy to assemble when all the ingredients have been prepared ahead of time!
Other Easy Dinner Ideas To Try!
- Oven Baked Rosemary Chicken – dinner in under an hour!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – deliciously elegant recipe
- Baked Lemon Chicken Thighs – full of flavor!
- John Wayne Casserole – hearty and delicious
- Chicken Tortellini Soup – perfect for cool days!
Cheesy Chicken Vegetable Casserole
- 4 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 4 pieces bacon diced
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add cauliflower. Cook for 3 minutes and add broccoli to the pot and cook for 2 more minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Chop bacon and cook in a pan until crisp. Remove bacon but save 1 Tablespoon bacon fat.
- Add garlic to the bacon fat and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add cream cheese and dill, cook until melted and creamy.
- Stir in cream and broth and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Toss sauce with vegetables and chicken. Place in a baking dish, top with remaining cheese, and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.