Easy Taco Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Easy Taco Casserole brings together all the traditional flavors and textures of a taco and combines them into one convenient casserole!
Delicious beef and rice are combined with tomatoes, mexicorn, and salsa, then topped with gooey cheese and baked until golden for the easiest and most delicious dinner you’ll make this week!
Easy Taco Casserole
PIN IT to your CASSEROLES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This delicious taco bake casserole will definitely become a dinner staple at your house! It is so easy to put together and the flavors are incredibly delicious. It’s a weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
What Is A Taco Bake Casserole?
Taco casserole, or taco bake casserole, is a dish that combines Mexican taco flavors into a beautiful and colorful casserole that is packed full of spice and flavor.
Taco bakes can be made in a couple ways: layered like a Mexican lasagna or all combined into one dish and baked!
The great thing about a taco bake casserole is how versatile it is, you can add anything you’d like!
- Try substituting the beef with chicken for a delicious chicken taco casserole.
- You can use store bought seasoning, but I love using a homemade taco seasoning blend for the best flavor!
- For some added spice, try using some chilli powder, or sliced jalapeños to your dish before baking.
- This taco casserole tastes delicious as is, but if you’d like you can top it with your favorite toppings like tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream and guacamole!
- To mix things up a bit add olives, green onions, tortilla pieces, or even refried beans!
How To Make Taco Bake Casserole
This recipe only has 4 steps – 4! What could be easier than that?
- Prepare rice.
- Brown beef with onion and garlic, then add seasoning.
- Combine all ingredients, except cheese, and mix. Fold into baking dish.
- Bake for 25 min, top with cheese and bake until heated through.
Storing and Reheating
- If you are lucky to have leftovers, this casserole is perfect for a quick and easy lunch.
- Store this taco rice casserole in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days.
- To reheat, cover with foil and place in a 350˚F oven until heated through. Or use a microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until heated.
Other Recipes To Try!
- Taco Salad Bowl with Creamy Avocado Dressing – a meal in a bowl!
- Cheesy Taco Pockets– the perfect snack.
- Taco Casserole with a Surprise Crust – easy weeknight meal.
- Baked Taco Ring – family favorite!
- Biscuit Taco Pockets – simple snack idea.
This Taco Casserole has beef, tomatoes, mexicorn, salsa and cheese that is baked until golden for an easy and delicious dinner!
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups broth low sodium or water
- 1 pounds lean beef diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 each red pepper green pepper diced
- 1 can mexicorn
- 1 can rotel tomatoes gently drained
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup light cheddar
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Combine rice and water/broth. Cook covered 20 min.
Meanwhile, brown beef, onions and garlic. Add taco seasoning, water as directed on package and peppers. Cook until thickened. Combine all ingredients except cheese in a 9x13 pan.
Cover and cook 25 minutes. Uncover, top with cheese and cook an additional 20 minutes or until heated through.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)