Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
If you are like me, you are really busy during the workweek and don’t have time to spend hours making dinner. I know at my house during the week, after kids are picked up from soccer, ballet, show choir, and any other activities, there isn’t much time left for cooking. I know people assume that something that is quick to make cannot taste good or be a decent meal but I am here to prove that wrong!
I have an AWESOME kitchen hack for you that will blow your mind! Did you know you can shred chicken with your KitchenAid mixer?! Well my husband didn’t either and you should have seen his face when he watched!! It was hysterical! He thought it was magic! This is beyond easy to do and saves SO MUCH TIME! Simply throw your chicken breasts in the mixing bowl and use the white ceramic paddle attachment. Make sure you lock the bowl and the mixer so nothing goes flying! Then just turn the mixer on medium and watch it magically shred the chicken for you!!!
Thanks to that kitchen hack, this recipe couldn’t be any easier!! The only work is really just dicing the onion and opening the cans! This recipe was a HUGE hit with my family and I was beyond excited that it only took me a few minutes to throw together. I came up with the idea of this recipe when I was at Walmart in the canned food aisle.
I find the easiest recipes for me are the ones I can make quickly and add some fresh produce to. My most favorite recipes are spicy and cheesy so this recipe was a perfect fit for my family! I grabbed a couple avocados, cilantro, and an onion and I went home to get to work!
When I think of the time I spent throwing this recipe together, I am so amazed at how easy it was and my family just RAVED over it!! You’ve got to try this recipe, I’m pretty sure you’ll love it every bit as much my family and I did!
Tender shredded Chicken wrapped in tortillas and baked until hot and bubbly
- 2 cans tomatoes with chili peppers If you like spice feel free to try the HOT RO*TEL! it's delicious!
- 11 ounces canned corn drained
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 28 ounces enchilada sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 chicken breasts bonesless, skinless
- 12 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- Place cooked chicken into a large mixing bowl, use the white ceramic paddle attachment, and "mix" on medium until chicken is shredded.
- Add cream cheese, taco seasoning, and RO*TEL and mix for another minute.
- Add corn, diced onion, and black beans, mix for one more minute.
- Add 1 cup of the enchilada sauce to the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture on a tortilla and top with just a bit of shredded cheese.
- Roll up and place seam down onto the enchilada sauce in the baking dish.
- Repeat until all tortillas have been used.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve topped with your favorite fresh produce and sour cream.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
What is your favorite easy recipe to make on a busy weeknight? Find other awesome easy weeknight recipes here!