Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs are a simple, super scrumptious recipe that taste just like a cheeseburger – minus the bun! Easy to prepare, simple ingredients and quick prep and cook time make these tasty morsels the exact fit for your menu plan!
Pin it to your DINNER board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Centsless Meals on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Such a fun twist on one of our favorite foods – cheeseburgers! This dish can be served with a side salad, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, your favorite pasta like Baked Macaroni and Cheese or even just a slice of bread. The combinations for complete meal ideas are endless when you begin with such a versatile main course like Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs!
Some of the different ways that I love to use this recipe are:
- as a fun and exciting change to everyday meal time.
- as a quick, easy to prepare and transport potluck dish.
- as a hearty appetizer for your next party.
- to keep on hand as a satisfying and filling after school snack or school lunch.
This recipe calls for cheddar cheese, however use whatever your favorite cheese may be! Mozzarella or a spicy jalapeno monterey jack cheese would be equally delicious! Use what you crave or what you have on hand and you won’t go wrong!
I love the addition of fried onions in this recipe but if you do not happen to have them on hand, you can simply use onion soup mix as a replacement. If you have fussy eaters who are not onion fans, just omit the fried onion and use 1 tsp. onion powder in the meat mixture for flavour. Both are great substitutions which work well.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked & crumbled
- 1/4 cup crushed french fried onions
- 8 oz cheddar cheese cubed
- In a large bowl combine egg, ground beef, flour, milk, bacon crumbles and crushed french fried onions.
- Mix well.
- Shape meat mixture into a ball shape.
- Stuff a cube of cheese into each meatball and cover with remaining meat mixture.
- Place meatballs onto a foil lined baking pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs are a fantastic addition to your menu plan! So versatile, delicious and easy it will definitely become one of those recipes that you turn to again and again!
More recipes you will love!