Edible Cookie Dough
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Edible cookie dough is one of my favorite late night snacks or party dips. It’s absolutely delicious, kid (and adult) approved, and eggless cookie dough is completely safe to eat!
Even though baked cookies are perfectly delicious, there’s something about the sweet, cool, melt-in-your-mouth flavor of just the plain, raw, dough. We love serving it at parties alongside fruit dip, it’s the perfect dip combo!
Edible Cookie Dough
Pin it to your DESSERTS BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Now there is a cookie dough recipe that you don’t have to worry about food poisoning or a belly ache! This easy edible cookie dough recipe can be used as a dip or a spread, too!
Try it on graham crackers, pretzels, or even Ritz crackers! Sliced apples, pears, bananas, or strawberries are great options too!
What is Edible Cookie Dough?
It’s raw with NO eggs, so it is perfectly safe to eat. Edible chocolate chip cookie dough or edible sugar cookie dough is easy to make with just six simple ingredients you probably already have on hand!
Keep your edible raw cookie dough chilled so it sticks together better. The butter is the real ‘glue’ here and once it’s all put together, let it chill for about 30 minutes before eating with a spoon!
OR, let it soften slightly and spread on bread, crackers, cookies, or fruit!
How To Make Edible Cookie Dough
This eggless cookie dough is a fun take on what used to be a childhood no-no!
Make sure the butter is softened a little bit and put into a mixing bowl.
- Sift or whisk the flour so it is very smooth and powdery.
- If the brown sugar is hard or has lumps in it, soften it by placing a wet slice of bread in a bowl with the brown sugar and microwaving it for 30 seconds. This will steam the brown sugar enough to make it easier to work with.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and an optional pinch of salt.
You can eat your edible cookie dough for one or you can chill it a bit and scoop it with a spoon!
This recipe is so delicious and tastes just like the real thing, you might be asking can you bake edible cookie dough? Unfortunately, the answer is no. Since this recipe doesn’t contain eggs, baking powder or baking soda, it cannot have that ‘rise’ that baked goods do. Created to be eaten raw is what makes this recipe so much fun!
It’s delicious served next to fruit dip at parties, and perfect for kids or late night snacks!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Spritz Cookies – fun to make with kids!
- Peanut Butter Cookies – super easy
- Buttery Almond Cookies – my favorite
- Mississippi Mud Cookies – kid approved
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls recipe – another delicious one!
If you're in the mood to snack on some cookie dough but don't want to risk salmonella, try this 3 minute Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe!!
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoon butter softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- pinch salt
- Mix all ingredients together and eat!
Nutrition information is based on 1 tablespoon of edible cookie dough.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)