Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are even easier to make than cookies! A thick and chewy cookie with no chilling required, that has lots of chocolate and feeds a crowd.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Often the perfect chocolate chip cookie requires chilling, scooping lots of dough and baking batches of cookies. What I love about cookie bars is that your don’t have to chill the dough, the cookie is thick, and you can pop it in the oven all at once and not be in the kitchen forever babysitting batches of cookies.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer (Kitchen Aid, Bosch, or hand mixer) until light and fluffy. This takes about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined, scraping down the sides and the bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture until almost combined. Reserve 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan and then bake for 22-25 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and immediately press the remaining chocolate chips into the top of the cake.
- Allow to cool, then slice, serve and enjoy.
Can I Make This By Hand?
YES! If you don’t have a mixer you can definitely still make these. Grab a wooden spoon and make sure your butter has softened enough so that you can easily cream it with the sugar.
What Substitutions Can I Make?
I don’t recommend changing the base ingredients of the cookie dough but you can definitely change things up with add-ins!
- Try swapping out semi-sweet chocolate chips for white or dark chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips.
- If you enjoy nuts in your cookies, toss in a cup of walnuts or pecans.
- Cranberries or raisins would make interesting and delicious add ins!
How Do You Store Bar Cookies?
Store your cookie bars in an airtight container, or zippered plastic bag, for 1-2 days on your counter or refrigerator. If you have any bars that remain uneaten, you can store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Yummy Chocolate Chip Sweets
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies– A classic recipe!
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars– The perfect afternoon snack!
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars – For the love of cheesecake!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake– Perfect for birthdays!
- Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies– For when you need an amazingly delicious chocolate chip cookie.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Bars are even easier to make than cookies! A thick and chewy cookie with no chilling required, that has lots of chocolate and feeds a crowd.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted butter room temperate
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperate
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together in a small mixing bowl.
Beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together. Add vanilla and eggs, beating until fully combined. Gradually mix in the flour mixture. Stir in 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Spread the dough into the greased pan.
BAKE for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Press remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips into the top. Cool in pan on wire rack. Slice and serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)