These Cookie Dough Balls are ridiculously delicious. They are an impressive addition to the dessert table!
Even for the rare person who is not so keen on sweets, these little truffles are bound to be a hit. They are the best dessert to make for any holiday, get-together, or afternoon pick-me-up snack.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls Recipe
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Truffles
Looking at the images of these cookie dough truffles is enough to make the mouth water in anticipation.
- This delicious recipe is so easy to prepare, it’s a must-try!
- These cookie truffles are made with a hard chocolate outer crust over an edible chocolate chip cookie dough. They are the perfect no-bake dessert!
- Dainty looking, but also so sweet and delicious these will just melt in the mouth.
- They also make an impressive presence at the dessert table alongside some White Chocolate Peppermint Truffles, or Microwave Chocolate Peppermint Fudge.
Ingredients & Variations
FILLING Butter, flour, sugar, vanilla, and a handful of mini chocolate chips is the simple yet sweet and hard to resist interior of these truffles.
COATING Chocolate melts are used for the outer layer of these truffles. Once melted, dipped, and then refrigerated or frozen, these will become that pretty professional-looking shiny finish.
Melted chocolate chips will taste just as good, but will lose a little bit of shiny luster.
VARIATIONS Add some shredded coconut to the filling and instead of chocolate for the outer coating melt some Nutella or white chocolate and roll the cookie dough balls in that. Or try sprinkling the still soft melted chocolate with sprinkles, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or other fun toppings!
How to Make Cookie Dough Balls
It will be hard to wait for these to set in the freezer!
- Cream butter, vanilla, and sugar together.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and roll into balls (per recipe below).
- Chill then dip into melted chocolate and freeze.
Once chilled in the freezer, enjoy! The chocolate hardens into the perfect shell to keep all that yummy cookie goodness inside!
Time Saving Tips
Make these in advance and freeze them. They will keep in the freezer for up to one year (if they aren’t devoured before then). Thaw them in the refrigerator.
Keep these truffles stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
More Chocolate Desserts
- Chocolate Mousse Cups – A no-bake creation!
- Easy Chocolate Truffles – Melt in your mouth goodness
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Lasagna – perfect layers of cookie goodness!
- Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroon Cookies – Chocolate and coconut
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls recipe
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Add butter, vanilla, and sugar to a medium-sized bowl and blend until creamed.
- Once blended, slowly add in flour and mix until all ingredients are combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll mixture into one-inch balls and place on the prepared pan. Place pan in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
REPIN this Chocolate Chips Cookie Dough Balls recipe!