Cheesy, creamy and oh so easy to make, this Chicken Broccoli Ziti recipe is bound to make everyone hum with happiness!
Simple pasta ziti is cooked with broccoli and chicken and then mixed with white and creamy Alfredo sauce. Then it’s topped with cheese and baked in the oven to gooey and cheesy perfection.
Chicken Broccoli Ziti
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Chicken Broccoli Ziti Recipe
- This chicken broccoli pasta casserole is a smooth and filling dish that is so creamy and cheesy. The top layer of cheese is cooked to a brown and golden perfection that will be hard to resist.
- Shredded chicken and broccoli are added to this dish added a touch of color, flavor, and protein.
- Chicken broccoli ziti alfredo would be delicious with some Homemade Garlic Bread or Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks. Add a side Caesar Salad for a fresh and delicious meal.
Ingredients and Variations
ZITI – Ziti is a cylinder-shaped pasta that looks a lot like penne (in fact penne can be used as a replacement). The difference is that ziti is a little longer than penne. Remember to cook the ziti so it is al dente for this recipe as it will finish cooking in the oven.
CHICKEN – Use chicken breast, boneless skinless chicken thighs or any shredded chicken for this recipe, as long as it is precooked. Check out How to Make Shredded Chicken for some tips and hints on how to shred chicken.
BROCCOLI – Use fresh or frozen broccoli for this recipe. Remember to add it near the end of the cooking time along with the noodles. This will keep the broccoli firm and slightly al dente and it will cook more in the oven.
How To Make Chicken Broccoli Ziti
This one-pot casserole will be ready in no time.
- Cook ziti and broccoli as per the recipe below.
- Toss pasta & broccoli with chicken, cheese, & sauce.
- Add to casserole, top with cheese, and bake.
How To Store Leftovers
Chicken broccoli ziti alfredo will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. It can also be frozen for about 2-3 months. To reheat, let the casserole thaw in the refrigerator, then preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the casserole in the oven and reheat for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Other Dinner Ideas!
- Cheesy Ground Beef Pasta – easy skillet dinner.
- Cheesy Chicken Vegetable Casserole -with broccoli and cauliflower.
- Biscuit Turkey Casserole – a great way to use up leftovers.
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole – 10 minute prep.
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese – a zesty version of a classic!
Chicken Broccoli Ziti
- 8 ounces ziti uncooked
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 15 ounce jar alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook ziti al dente according to the package directions. Add broccoli to the boiling pasta for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Toss with chicken, 1 cup cheddar cheese, garlic powder and alfredo sauce.
- Place in a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake 20 minutes or until hot, bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Broccoli can be fresh or frozen. Add broccoli to the noodles towards the end of their cook time.
- Noodles should be cooked al dente.
- Both broccoli and noodles will finish cooking when baked in oven.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for 3-5 days, or freeze for about 2-3 months.
- Thaw casserole in refrigerator, then reheat at 350°F for 20 minutes or until heated through.