Cranberry turkey pinwheels are a fun and festive snack or appetizer!
Cream cheese, turkey, spinach, and cranberries are wrapped up in tortillas and sliced into tasty little bites!
A Festive Appetizer
- Not only are turkey pinwheels pretty on a platter, but you can prep them a day ahead so they’re ready for last-minute guests or invitations!
- Light and healthy turkey pinwheels are a welcome snack after all that heavy holiday eating and they’re perfect for using up leftover trimmings from the holiday feast!
- Enjoy a whole pinwheel as a wrap-on-the-go or as a post-workout snack!
- For guests make a platter of easy to eat sandwiches like grilled cheese roll ups, pepperoni rolls, Italian sliders and tortilla pinwheels.
Ingredients and Variations
Tortillas: Experiment with flavored tortillas like (red) sun-dried tomato and (green) spinach pesto, if they are available. Grab low-carb wraps for guilt-free keto appetizers!
Meat: Use very thinly sliced leftover turkey. Otherwise, use deli-style turkey breast, smoked ham, chicken, or strips of soft-cooked bacon.
Greens: Fresh spinach is thin and easy to roll up. Finely diced kale or spicy arugula can be used as well.
Cream Cheese Spread: Mayonnaise helps thin out the cream cheese so it’s easier to spread, but you can simply use ready-made whipped cream cheese. Sour cream can be substituted for mayo, as well.
Variations: Mix in some Italian, ranch, or taco seasoning with the cream cheese for an extra pop of flavor. Cranberry sauce can be used instead of cranberries, if necessary.
How to Make Cranberry Turkey Pinwheels
- Blend cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth and spread over tortillas.
- Layer spinach, turkey, and cranberries evenly over the cream cheese (as per the recipe below).
- Roll up in plastic wrap and refrigerate before slicing and serving.
Serving and Storage Tips
Keep leftover cranberry turkey pinwheels covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Avoid freezing turkey pinwheels because they won’t thaw well due to the high amount of dairy in them.
Have you tried this Cranberry Turkey Pinwheels recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Cranberry Turkey Pinwheels
- In a small bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese and mayonnaise till smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on each tortilla. Next, layer the spinach, turkey and cranberries.
- Roll each tortilla into a snug roll.
- Wrap each tortilla individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 pieces.
- For a different flavor profile, mix some Italian, ranch, or taco seasoning with the cream cheese.
- Use cranberry sauce in place of cranberries, if needed.
- Refrigerate leftover cranberry turkey pinwheels in a covered container for up to 4 days.
- Freezing turkey pinwheels is not recommended.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.