Grilled cheese roll ups are a fun and tasty twist on the classic grilled cheese sandwich.
They’re perfect for a quick snack or a party appetizer, super easy to make and are ready in only minutes!
Fun Grilled Cheese!
- Perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner!
- Only a few simple ingredients needed – bread, cheese, butter, and optional seasonings.
- Great for meal prep! Make a batch ahead of time and cook up for a quick snack or meal.
- Customize to your liking by adding your favorite ingredients, such as ham or bacon.
- These portable sammies are crispy golden on the outside with melty cheese on the inside so they’re perfect for picnics, BBQs, and road trips, no utensils needed!
3 Ingredient Recipe!
Bread – Use white or wheat sandwich bread without nuts or grains to prevent falling apart. Taco-sized flour tortillas work too!
Cheese – American or Velveeta slices work best for their thin, melty texture and robust cheddar flavor. Any thinly sliced or shredded cheese will work.
Butter – For the best flavor, use butter. Bacon grease adds a smoky flavor, and light oils like coconut or avocado make crispy crusts.
Extras – Cut a slice of cooked bacon in half and roll it up or use thin-sliced deli ham, pepperoni, even spinach or diced green chiles are yummy!
How to Make Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups
- Cut crusts off the bread and roll each slice to flatten.
- Top with cheese, roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Fry in melted butter until golden brown and serve hot.
How To Serve Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups
Of course, grilled cheese in any form goes with tomato soup because it’s perfect for dipping and dunking! As a snack, dip grilled cheese roll-ups into marinara, Ranch dressing, or homemade chip dip. Or serve them as a grown-up appetizer with quesadilla sauce, or your favorite bbq sauce!
Keep leftover grilled cheese roll-ups in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat them in a dry skillet on medium heat, in the air fryer, or by wrapping them in foil and popping them in the toaster. Save the bread crusts to make croutons, breadcrumbs, or add them to an egg and sausage breakfast casserole.
Grilled Cheese Roll Ups
- 5 slices bread
- 5 slices American Cheese Singles
- 1 tbsp butter
- Trim the crust off each slice of bread, then roll each slice to flatten.
- Place cheese slice on bread and roll up. Secure closed with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Place roll-ups in pan and cook until brown, turning frequently. Once the cheese has started to melt, the toothpicks can be carefully removed so all sides of the bread can be browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat grilled cheese roll ups in a skillet over medium heat, in an air fryer, or by wrapped in foil in the toaster.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.