This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole is a deliciously creamy and easy, one dish-wonder!
Tasty Chicken Broccoli Casserole goes from oven to table in less than 30 minutes! Layers of chicken, broccoli, and cheese make a healthy and hearty entrée with no fuss or muss. Rich and flavorful, this is one of our best casserole dishes yet!
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
PIN IT to your CASSEROLES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Busy days and busy nights call for a dinner-time rescue dish. We love recipes that save time and clean up in the kitchen! Make this easy no rice Chicken Broccoli Casserole for the fam or to host a last-minute get-together! It’s a low-carb and keto option for those watching their waistlines. Assemble ahead and pop it in the oven, then watch it disappear. It even tastes better the next day when all the flavors have had a chance to blend. We even love it as a make-ahead freezer meal for those really busy days.
Ingredients and Variations
BROCCOLI & CHEDDAR – Frozen broccoli and shredded cheddar cheese are a match made in heaven, and this casserole has lots of both!
DAIRY – A savory sauce is made with mayo, cream of mushroom soup (or any cream-style soup) and a handful of savory seasonings.
CHICKEN – The real time-saver here is the cooked chicken, which makes this a great dish to use up any leftover chicken (or turkey!) you may have.
ADD-INS – Feel free to add in some cooked brown rice or pasta for more texture to satisfy those heartier appetites! Or add in a bag of vegetable medley with the broccoli and eliminate the chicken for a vegetarian entrée!
How To Make Chicken Broccoli Casserole
This cheesy casserole is super easy to mix up!
- Defrost/drain broccoli. Mix all ingredients together, reserving 1 cup of cheddar.
- Spread into a prepared casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake according to recipe. Let casserole rest before serving.
In the Crockpot
Because the chicken is already cooked, this recipe takes much less time! And serving it from the Crockpot makes it an excellent offering for a party or a potluck!
- Defrost and drain broccoli.
- Reserve 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese and mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place the mixture in a Crockpot and cover with remaining cheese. Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
What To Serve With Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Time Saving Tips!
To make as a freezer meal:
- Line the bottom of a casserole dish with aluminum foil and let it overlap the horizontal edges by 6” on each side.
- Assemble the casserole and spread on the bottom of the foil-lined dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Overlap the foil and place casserole in the freezer.
- When it is frozen solid, gently lift the frozen casserole out of the dish and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap.
- Write the date on the outside and store it in the freezer where it will keep up to 3 months. This method lets you use the casserole dish for other meals!
For same day baking:
Assemble the casserole and cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to a day in advance before baking.
- To brown the cheese on Crockpot Chicken Broccoli Casserole, simply remove the top rack in the oven and turn on the broiler function.
- Take the lid off and, using potholders, place the uncovered removable crock in the oven under the broiler until the cheese topping turns brown and bubbly, about 3-5 minutes.
- Use potholders to replace the removable crock back in the Crockpot and cover to keep warm.
Other Easy Casseroles To Try!
- Broccoli Bake – only 30 minutes to bake!
- Easy Italian Casserole – full of flavor.
- Zucchini Casserole With Stuffing – get your veggies!
- Broccoli Casserole – family favorite.
- Cheesy Broccoli Potato Casserole – the perfect side dish!
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- 2 packages broccoli frozen, 10 oz each
- 2 cups cooked chicken or ham
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 10½ oz mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Defrost broccoli and drain any liquid.
- Reserve 1 cup of cheese for topping. Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread into prepared dish. Top with cheese and bake 35-40 minutes or until golden.