Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts make a delish snack, appetizer, or side dish. It’s a recipe that never fails to impress!
Fresh Brussels sprouts are wrapped with salty bacon and sprinkled with brown sugar before they are baked to crispy perfection in the oven. Bet you can’t eat just one because everything tastes better when it’s wrapped in bacon.
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
The Best Appetizer!
- With a little help from bacon, Brussels turn into a delicious, hard to resist and crispy appetizer.
- Brussels sprouts wrapped in bacon are a tasty way to get kids to eat more healthy vegetables!
- These tasty morsels are perfectly bite-sized which makes them a great addition to any appetizer platter. Simply assemble them with a toothpick after baking and let guests help themselves!
- Serve with dill veggie dip or this tasty quick honey mustard sauce recipe.
3 Ingredient Recipe
BRUSSELS SPROUTS: Choose sprouts that are heavy and remove any torn or discolored leaves.
BACON: Thinly sliced bacon wraps around the Brussels sprouts better than the thicker variety. Maple bacon, black pepper bacon, and even jalapeno bacon offer fun, new flavor profiles, and variety!
SUGAR: Brown sugar caramelizes the bacon and gives them a depth of flavor. Maple syrup, honey, and a splash of balsamic vinegar will also make good glazes for bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts. Add a bit of sriracha for a little heat. For a sugar-free version (and low-carb!) use brown sugar Swerve or Lakanto (monkfruit) sugar.
How to make Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
These bacon-wrapped Brussels are a good snack, side dish, or a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- Wash and cut Brussels (as per the recipe below).
- Cut each slice of bacon into thirds.
- Wrap each sprout half with bacon.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake.
PRO TIP: Grill Brussels sprouts on medium heat in a slotted vegetable pan next to chicken, brats, or burgers.
Simple Storage Ideas
Keep cooled, leftover bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and freeze in a zippered bag for up to 3 weeks. Reheat them under the broiler or in the microwave.
Recipe Tips to Share
A critical step in this recipe is to line the baking pan with parchment paper. Sugar sticks to the pan and is very hard to wash off, so parchment paper saves clean-up time! Use toothpicks to secure the bacon to the Brussels sprouts, if necessary, before placing them in the oven.
Other Appetizers With Bacon!
- Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Dip – quick 5 minute prep.
- Cream Cheese Bombs With Bacon – cream filled and delicious.
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball – perfect for any occasion.
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos – a favorite!
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 ½ pounds brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Wash Brussels sprouts, remove any discolored leaves and cut in half lengthwise, from top to bottom.
- Cut each piece of bacon into thirds.
- Wrap bacon around each Brussels sprout half. Place seam side down on pan and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and brussels sprouts are tender.
- Refrigerate cooled, leftover bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts covered for up to 3 days, and freeze in a zippered bag for up to 3 weeks.
- Reheat Brussels in the oven, under the broiler, using an air fryer or quickly in the microwave.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts recipe!