Easy Parmesan Zucchini
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Parmesan Zucchini is one of the quickest and easiest side dishes you can make. And talk about delicious! A simple sprinkling of fresh grated or shredded parmesan cheese on turns everyone into a vegetable lover!
One of the best things about this simple side dish is that it takes only about 10 minutes to make, start to finish! Some of the best main dishes to serve with zucchini parmesan are cream cheese lasagna, bacon cheeseburger meatloaf or hearty beef stroganoff.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #STOUFFERSGOODNESS #CollectiveBias
Easy Parmesan Zucchini
Pin it to your SIDE DISHES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
How to Prepare Zucchini
Prepping zucchini parmesan is a breeze. Just rinse the zukes, trim off the ends, and slice into 1/8 inch thick rounds.
Zucchini is a tender vegetable in the squash family and cooks up in just a few minutes. You can cook zucchini multiple ways: sautéing, steaming, roasting, baking, grilling or microwaving.
How to Make It
My favorite way to cook zucchini parmesan is by sauteeing, especially with onions and mushrooms! Just be aware that onion takes longer to sauté than zucchini, so start it first and allow it to soften slightly before adding the sliced zucchini and mushrooms.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Place prepared zucchini slices in a single layer, being careful not to crowd the pan.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and cook until soft.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and serve hot.
A tasty alternative cooking method is to broil the zucchini rounds.
- Place in a single layer on a foil-lined and oiled cookie sheet.
- Brush with oil and season.
- Place under the broiler for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Flip and broil another 2-3 minutes.
Sprinkle with parmesan, and place back under the broiler until the cheese is melted and slightly browned. Perfectly browned and toasted for delicious baked zucchini!
How to Freeze Zucchini
Zucchini can be frozen but needs to be blanched first.
- Cut into ½ inch rounds and place in boiling water for 1 – 2 minutes. When the peel turns bright green, it’s time to remove them.
- Cool quickly in ice water and drain well.
- Pack into freezer bags.
Frozen zucchini will keep in the freezer for up to three months. Just remove from the freezer, thaw and use to make a deliciously moist Zucchini Bread!
More Delicious Vegetable Sides
- Chinese Broccoli – cooked in a garlicky Asain sauce!
- Oven Roasted Asparagus – sprinkled with garlic & parmesan
- Candied Carrots – ready in 20 mins!
- Creamy Potatoes and peas recipe – deliciously rich and creamy
- Oven Baked Corn recipe – just 2 ingredients!
This easy to prepare side dish is made with only ingredients but is packed with flavor!
- 1 lb Zucchini cut into quarters and sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- In a skillet, over medium heat, warm up olive oil.
- Once oil is warmed, add zucchini and garlic salt.
- Saute for 5-8 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
Transfer to plate and top with shredded parmesan cheese, and salt & pepper to taste.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)