© CentsLess Meals
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
PIN IT to your Dinner board to save it and share it!
Be sure to follow CentsLessDeals on Pinterest!
Any meatloaf needs to have a binding ingredient. So often we choose something like rolled oats, bread crumbs, bran or even shredded potato. This recipe is different because in addition to bread crumbs you add potato chips! Choose whatever flavour potato chip you like or have in your pantry. I like to use a spicy chip like BBQ or Jalapeno Cheddar but if you may prefer something more mild, so you can always use original.
Adding bacon to anything is always a good idea in my mind! How can you go wrong topping this meatloaf with bacon? All the flavour cooks through the beef and cheese creating a mouth watering combination that you will not be able to resist! Another great bacon recipe is my BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites! If you are a bacon lover like me, you just have to give those a try!
The one ingredient here that is truly unique to most meatloaves is pickles! Infusing pickles and pickle juice adds a flavorful punch to this Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf. This special ingredient, along with the addition of mustard, ketchup, onion and velveeta cheese are the reasons this dish truly tastes like an actual Bacon Cheeseburger!
As with most recipes, you can modify it to your own personal tastes. If you are not too fond of onions, just leave them out. It can be just like ordering a cheeseburger at a restaurant, you can have it any way you like!
Traditionally meatloaf is baked in the oven, but I often like to use my BBQ. This is especially handy in the summer when you may not want to add additional heat to your home when it is super hot outside! Use a foil lined baking pan or an actual foil pan (these are very reasonably priced at your local store) and now clean up is both quick and easy too!
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup crushed potato chips crumbs I used bbq
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- ⅛ cup mustard
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoon dill pickles finely chopped (or relish)
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 2 tbsp dill pickle juice THE SECRET INGREDIENT!
- 4-6 slices bacon uncooked
- 8 oz velveeta sliced
- 4 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except bacon and cheese. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Form half of the meat mixture into a 9"x5" rectangle.
- Cut Velveeta into slices and place on top of meat mixture. Top with remaining meat mixture ensuring cheese is fully sealed. (A little bit may still leak out during baking).
- Lay slices of bacon on top of the meat mixture (it will cook while the meatloaf does)
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes, or until cooked through. 15 minutes before removing from the oven, brush top with ketchup mixture.
- Let rest 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
This cheese stuffed Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf is the perfect recipe to have on hand on a busy weeknight and it is impressive enough to serve for guests! Easy to prepare and so unique and flavorful, it will become your family’s favorite!