This pizza pasta bake has all your favorite pizza fixin’s plus room for more!
Pepperoni, beef, cheese, and pasta are baked in a cheesy tomato sauce and topped with loads of melty cheese!
It’s the ultimate in a pasta and pizza fusion recipe!
Pizza & Pasta Fusion
- Quick dinner! Pizza bake pasta is always a hit with the family and goes from the oven to the table in 30 minutes!
- All in one dinner! This pizza pasta recipe is the full meal deal and only needs a quick salad to round it out!
- Great for make ahead meals! Bake it and take it to work or school and enjoy pizza for lunch all week long!
Ingredients and Variations
Follow this recipe or mix and match your favorite pizza toppings!
Meat – Ground beef, sausage, even leftover diced or shredded chicken works perfectly! Even frozen meatballs can be used instead of beef. Pepperoni, salami, Canadian bacon, or diced ham are all great toppings!
Sauce – Spice up spaghetti sauce with a little kick of taco seasoning or a dash of red pepper flakes or Tabasco sauce, if you like.
Cheese – This recipe is all about the cheese so use lots of mozzarella or feel free to add any combination of mozzarella, Monterey Jack, cheddar, or even feta cheese!
Variations – Use up leftover veggies or add fresh mushrooms, diced red or green peppers, sliced black olives, spinach, or diced tomatoes.
Saute mushrooms to give them extra flavor before adding them to the recipe.
How to Make Pizza Pasta Bake
- Cook pasta al dente and drain.
- Brown beef with onion and drain any grease.
- Stir sauce, beef mixture, 1 cup of cheese, pepperoni, and pasta in a casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake until the cheese is melted.
Tips & Tricks
- Assemble pizza pasta bake up to a day ahead and pop it in the oven when ready!
- Keep leftover pizza pasta bake covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat portions in the microwave.
- Freeze portions in airtight containers for up to a month. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
- Assemble and freeze the unbaked casserole by lining the casserole dish with parchment paper overhanging on each side of the dish before freezing it. Once frozen, lift the casserole out by the paper sides, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil and the casserole dish can be used for another day!
Have you tried this Pizza Pasta Bake recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Pizza Pasta Bake
- 8 ounces penne pasta or other medium pasta
- 4 ounces pepperoni slices divided (about ½ cup)
- 1 pound lean ground beef or sausage
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 28 ounce jar
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Set aside 24 slices of pepperoni, and chop the remaining pepperoni into quarters.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook per package directions until al dente; drain.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef (or sausage) with onion until beef is brown. Drain any grease.
- Stir together spaghetti sauce, ground beef mixture, 1 cup of mozzarella, chopped pepperoni, and cooked pasta in a 3 quart baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella and the reserved pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and the pepperonis are crisp.
- Prepare pizza pasta bake up to a day ahead and pop it in the oven when ready!
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat portions in the microwave.
- Portions can be frozen for up to a month in containers or zippered freezer bags.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.