Bake up this Oreo Mug Cake Recipe anytime a snack attack hits.
Make this gooey, chocolate 3 ingredient mug cake in one 1 minute! This TikTok mug cake recipe is the best ever and it’s so simple and fast to make. Got milk and a microwave? That’s all you need and even the kids can DIY it!
Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Mug Cake
- This 3-ingredient mug cake is super fun for parties, movie night, or sleepovers. Offer up some toppings and mix-ins and let everyone create their own mug cake.
- No need to heat up the oven, mug cakes are perfect for a warm weather dessert.
- This microwave-easy DIY dessert is prepped, cooked, and served in a mug making it a portable treat!
3 Ingredient Mug Cake
COOKIES: Oreos are the perfect blend of chocolatey crunch, but other cookies can be used as well. Peanut butter, shortbread, or chocolate chip make yummy mug cakes, too.
MILK: Whole milk or heavy whipping cream will give mug cakes that creamy, melt-in-your-mouth flavor and feel. Oat milk is the closest substitute for whole milk in a non-dairy dessert. A dairy free mug cake is a kid’s best friend when it comes time for birthday parties!
How to Make Oreo Mug Cake
Here’s how to make this popular microwave TikTok Oreo mug cake:
- Blend cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Stir crumbs, milk, & baking powder in a microwave-safe mug.
- Heat until baked (per recipe below). Cake will rise as it cools. NOTE: Microwave times will vary.
Cake Topping Ideas
Mug cakes are perfect for toppings and mix-ins. A dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate, caramel, or butterscotch syrup adds extra sweetness. Top with these decadent chocolate truffles, or chocolate covered strawberries. Mix-ins like chopped nuts, diced dried fruit, even mini-chocolate, or butter chips can be added!
Time Saving Tips
- For party prep, blend a whole bag of Oreo cookies at once and divide them into small zippered bags.
- Or, let kids crush their own cookies by placing 4 cookies in each bag and let the kids crush their own.
- Try different flavored cookies like peanut butter cookies, teddy grahams or use chocolate chip cookies to make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake.
Other Delicious and Easy Dessert Ideas!
- Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake – with cake mix.
- Caramel Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies – just 4 ingredients!
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake – super easy and flavorful!
- Coconut Pecan Cookies – no bake recipe.
- Chocolate Dipped Air Fryer Donut Recipe – simple air fryer recipe!
Oreo Mug Cake
- 4 Oreo cookies
- 3 Tablespoons whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Blend 4 Oreo cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Combine Oreo crumbs, milk, and baking powder in a microwave safe mug (6 or 8 oz mug)
- Microwave for 1 minute, then add 10 seconds if still needed or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
You can top these with powdered sugar, whipped cream, ice cream, fruit, or your favorite topping.
Cooking times may take more or less time based on your microwave’s strength, start at one minute and add 10 seconds at a time until cooked. 1 minute and 10 seconds working perfectly for me.
4 Oreos equals 1.6 ounces of crumbs.
Double stuf Oreos DO NOT work.
This cake is dense, but still has a fine crumb - not mushy. It’s not as sweet as you might think it would be, so toppings are a great way to add additional sweetness.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.