This Ground Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is a simple dish that can be whipped up in a hurry.
This stir fry recipe has all the basics to make it a success. Aromatics, sauce, proteins, vegetables, and some garnishes are all the secrets to making it a simple and successful main dish. Served with some rice to soak up some of the sauce, this makes a quick, easy and filling meal.
Ground Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Dinner Recipe
- Stir-frying is a healthy and quick way to include vegetables into your diet, especially on busy nights when time is tight.
- Fresh ginger and garlic are delicious aromatics that pair well with beef.
- This is an easy and different way of cooking ground beef. It isn’t just for meatballs!
Ingredients & Variations
BEEF: Chose lean ground beef for this recipe and remember to drain the fat after it has been cooked. Leaving the drippings in the pan will make it too greasy.
BROCCOLI: Choose broccoli that is firm with bright green heads. Chop off the stems and discard. Or chop the stems and add them to the stir fry and cook until tender-crisp. Another secret to a good stir fry is to not overcook the vegetables.
THE SAUCE: The secret to a great stir fry is the sauce. There are many great options out there, like teriyaki or ginger. Kikkoman brands are the most popular, however a homemade version can also be used.
How to Make Ground Beef and Broccoli
Chop and stir to a healthy meal:
- Cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet.
- Add broccoli, & water. Cook.
- Add the stir fry sauce and heat.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve over rice.
The wok or skillet should be smoking hot before adding vegetables. Stir fry is also about the method – cook ingredients for a short amount of time at a high temperature.
Always cook the meat first when making a stir fry.
After the meat has been cooked, toss in the vegetables. And remember don’t crowd everything in that pan! The vegetables will steam, not stir fry, if they are too crowded.
Quick & Easy Dinner Tips
Sometimes dinner just needs to be made in a hurry. So using frozen broccoli is a great option when time is tight.
A great tip is to cut up vegetables when they are brought home and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This can shave off valuable time preparing meals.
You can also batch cook ground beef and freeze it in portions to save time. Use airtight containers or zippered bags labelled with the date. Thaw ground beef in the refrigerator and heat in the pan before adding the rest of the rest of the ingredients.
Other Easy Dinner Ideas!
- Cheesy Chicken Vegetable Casserole – creamy and cheesy!
- Easy Italian Casserole – 35 minute recipe.
- Easy Taco Casserole – delicious ground beef recipe!
- CrockPot Beef and Broccoli – ready when you get home.
- Sweet & Sour Chicken – quick and easy!
Ground Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 3 green onions sliced, greens and whites divided
- 4 cups broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup stir fry sauce or to taste
- rice for serving
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, garlic, ginger and the whites of the green onions until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Add broccoli and ¼ cup of water. Cover and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking until broccoli is tender crisp.
- Add stir fry sauce and cook 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with remaining green onions and serve over rice.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Ground Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe!