The Sidecar Cocktail Recipe is so easy to make! It’s a delicious drink filled with citrusy flavors, perfect to enjoy as summer turns to fall.
There is no shortage of amazing drink recipes out there like the Cosmo Cocktail, Wine Spritzer or this impressive Sidecar Cocktail! It is a classic drink you will definitely want to add to your summer cocktail rotation!
Sidecar Cocktail Recipe
Pin it to your DRINKS BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
What is a Sidecar Cocktail?
Legend has it that the first sidecar cocktail recipe was mixed up in London or Paris during World War I, and was named after the seat that attaches to motorcycles!
It is an easy to make, classic lemon-orange cocktail that requires just a few simple ingredients. While there are a lot of variations, this particular recipe calls for some superfine sugar, a lemon wedge, Cognac, Cointreau (or Triple Sec), a little lemon juice, and some ice.
How To Make A Sidecar Cocktail
This recipe is super simple to make, especially if you have a cocktail shaker set!
- Prep! Sugar coat rims of glasses and peel slices off an orange. Set aside.
- Shake! Combine liquids and ice into cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Pour! Pour into sugar rimmed glasses and garnish with orange peel.
- Garnish – adding the right garnish can really elevate your cocktail to a new level! So using the lemon wedge on the rim combined with the sugar gives you an extra dose of that sweet and zesty taste with every sip!
- Superfine sugar – many cocktails call for sugar rimmed glasses, so it’s a good idea to have some on hand. You can usually find superfine sugar at the grocery store, but if you’re in a pinch, you can just make it yourself by blending in a food processor.
- Bartender tools – using proper bartender tools like a shaker, peeler, or strainer can really make preparing cocktails a breeze.
When it comes to making a signature beverage for your upcoming get-togethers, impress guests with this Sidecar Cocktail Recipe! It’s a fresh take on a classic cocktail!
More Cocktail Recipes To Try!
- Frozen Peach Bellini – perfect patio treat.
- Cosmo Cocktail – so refreshing!
- Mai Tai – deliciously fruity.
- Watermelon Sangria – a twist on a classic.
- Cranberry Mimosa – perfect for holidays!
Sidecar Cocktail Recipe
- lemon wedge
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 4 ounces Cognac
- 2 ounces Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 1 ounce lemon juice freshly squeezed
- orange peel to garnish
- Use the lemon wedge to wet the rim of two glasses then dip the glasses upside down onto a plate with the superfine sugar to get an even coating on the rim. Let dry for a few minutes.
- Combine the Cognac, Triple Sec, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker with ice, shake well, and pour into the glasses. Garnish with an orange peel.