No need to live near a Sonic to get your own cherry limeade!
This copycat recipe for Sonic’s cherry limeade is a refreshing and tangy blend of lime juice, cherry syrup, and soda.
Make this recipe on hot summer days or anytime you’re in the mood for a light, sweet and sour treat.
Perfect Summer Drink!
- The sweet and tart flavors of cherry and lime are perfectly balanced, making it a refreshing and tasty drink for any occasion.
- It’s easy to experiment with different variations by adding fresh berries, mint leaves, or even a splash of rum or vodka for an adult version. The possibilities are endless!
- Copycat recipes are so much fun and this Sonic drink recipe is super easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients and a minute or two!
- It’s the ultimate bbq beverage served alongside grilled chicken kabobs, hot dogs, and burgers.
5 Simple Ingredients
Sprite – Lightly sweetened sprite is the perfect foundation for cherry limeade! Use regular or diet Sprite for fewer calories, or 7-Up if Sprite is not available. Use the more affordable store brands too, they work just as well!
Cherries – Maraschino cherries are as much fun to eat on their own as they are in this drink! Grenadine can be switched out for the cherry juice or added for a little more flavor.
Extras – Make grown-up cherry limeades by using a little spiced rum, vodka, or even sparkling wine!
Garnishes – A lime wedge is a must-have for cherry limeade, but you can add fresh blueberries or strawberries, (frozen ones will keep your drink cold longer), or a sprig of mint!
How to Make Cherry Limeade
- Place cherries with a lime wedge in the bottom of a glass.
- Fill with crushed ice, and top with soda (as per recipe below).
- Garnish and serve!
Quick Tips & Tricks!
- Put crushed ice, maraschino cherries, cherry liquid, and some heavy cream into a blender until it has a slushie texture pour into cups and add Sprite and stir for a creamy, frozen dessert.
- Double or triple up the recipe and serve from a pitcher kept in the refrigerator for the maximum chill!
Copycat Sonic Cherry Limeade
- 12 ounces Sprite divided
- 4 – 6 Maraschino cherries divided
- ¼ lime sliced to make 4 wedges
- 6 tablespoons Maraschino cherry juice divided
- 2 cups crushed ice divided
- Add 2 cherries and 1 lime wedge each, into 2 glasses.
- Fill each glass with 1 cup crushed ice and 6 ounces Sprite.
- Add 3 tablespoons cherry liquid and squeeze juice from another lime wedge on top.
- Add a straw and serve!
- Tailor the sweetness by adding more or less cherry syrup. Start with a moderate amount and gradually adjust until it suits your desired level of sweetness.
- Blend the drink with crushed ice. This step adds a refreshing chill and enhances the overall experience of the copycat Sonic cherry limeade.
- Elevate the presentation and flavor profile of this cherry limeade by experimenting with different garnishes. Consider adding a sprig of fresh mint or rosemary to enhance the visual appeal and add a hint of additional aroma to your beverage.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.