Quick and easy Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies make the perfect treat that anyone, young or old, will love!!
Kids, and ‘kids at heart’, love these out-of-the-box cake-into-cookie recipes! So make the next birthday cake into a batch of Funfetti cookies and watch them disappear. These cookies are super simple to make, and the recipe can be modified to use any cake mix flavor, making it perfect for all occasions. Why not pour the mix into a pan and make cookie bars? The options are endless with this versatile recipe.
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Funfetti Cookies
- Everyone loves these colorful, vanilla-flavored sugar cookies! And ready-made cake mix dough saves time, money, and clean-up so what’s not to love?
- Need cookies on the fly for a last-minute get-together? Cake mixes are the perfect recipe for fast, soft, and chewy cookies! And there are so many brands and varieties to choose from.
- This is a versatile recipe where any cake mix flavor or add-in’s can be used. The sky’s the limit!
CAKE MIX: Vanilla Funfetti cake mix, also referred to as Rainbow Bit cake mix, has all the sprinkles in it! Cake mix makes great cupcakes, cookies, or even bars. Yellow cake mix and chocolate cake mix can also be used, just provide the colorful sprinkles!
SPRINKLES: You can never have too many sprinkles! Mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and toffee bits are all great add-ins and toppings!
How to Make Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
It’s super easy to make cookies out of cake mix!
- Whisk the cake mix and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla, and oil.
- Combine the wet mix with the dry mix. Fold in the colored sprinkles.
- Drop cookies onto a prepared cookie sheet and bake per recipe below.
How To Store Cookies
Keep cookies in an airtight container for about 4 days. PRO TIP: Place a slice of bread with the cookies to absorb excess moisture and keep the cookies from crumbling. Freeze cooled cookies in a zippered bag for up to 4 weeks.
Quick Tips & Tricks!
- Chill the cookie dough for about 30 minutes before scooping and baking. This keeps the cookies super soft in the center and crispy on the edges.
- After baking, cool cookies for a couple of minutes right on the baking sheet, and then move to a wire rack.
- For bars, press dough into a greased 9”x13” inch pan and bake for 12- 14 minutes. Cool, and cut into squares or rectangles.
- Make ice cream sandwiches using Funfetti cake mix cookies and this cheesecake ice cream sandwich recipe.
Easy Cake Mix Treats!
- Cake Mix Cookie Bars – 5 minute prep!
- Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies – another easy cookie recipe.
- Mixed Berry Dump Cake – simple dessert with easy prep.
- Rainbow Cupcakes – perfect for parties.
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Whisk together the cake mix and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix eggs, vanilla and oil.
- Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to combine.
- Add sprinkles, mix and drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies may appear to be under-cooked, but don't worry they will be perfect!
- For extra soft cookies with crisp edges, chill cookie dough for about 30 minutes before scooping and baking.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. This will help the cookies from falling apart.
- To make cookie bars, simply press the dough into a greased 9x13 inch pan and bake for 12- 14 minutes.
- Funfetti cookies can be stored at room temperature, in a sealed container or zippered bag, for 4-5 days (if they last that long!)
- Freeze cooled cookies in a sealed container for up to a month.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.