Cold Veggie Pizza is a quick, easy, and healthy way to enjoy veggies!
Crescent roll veggie pizza has a ranch-flavored cream cheese base and then it’s topped with deliciously crunchy veggies! Enjoy all the best veggie pizza toppings with this recipe that is so simple and fun to make. Kids and grownups will find it easy to get in a serving of healthy vegetables with this tasty recipe!
The Best Cold Veggie Pizza!
- Why eat greasy, leftover pizza when you can make a new one with fresh garden veggies that don’t need to be reheated?
- Make this recipe ahead of time and serve chilled, perfect to take to a party, picnic or serve for a light brunch dish.
- Kids love it because the pizza can be cut into small wedges, squares, or strips that are easy to hold and carry!
Veggie Pizza Toppings
The veggie pizza toppings in this recipe are made up of a colorful combination of broccoli, carrots, red peppers, and onions. But any combo will do, the options are endless! Try adding anything that is typically mixed into a salad, like fresh herbs, chopped olives, shredded cheese, sliced meat, or even anchovies!
CRESCENT ROLLS: Crescent rolls bake up light and flaky but still firm enough to hold the toppings. Pre-made pie dough and puff pastry will also work.
BASE: Ranch dressing mix gives the cold veggie pizza a salad-like flavor, but nearly anything can be added to the sour cream and cream cheese. Try sour cream with a flavored cream cheese spread such as garden vegetable, chive & onion, or roasted garlic.
VEGGIES: Even leftover veggies can be diced and tossed onto a cold veggie pizza! Sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, shredded brussels sprouts, green onion, and sliced black olives are excellent toppings, too!
How to Make Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
It’s so simple to make this appetizer or main dish:
- Press crescent rolls into a casserole dish and bake (per recipe below). Cool completely.
- Cover with ranch spread and top with veggies. Refrigerate before serving.
- Cut into squares or wedges and garnish with chopped basil, crumbled feta, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, or a light drizzle of balsamic glaze.
In the Air Fryer:
- Fit small, individual crescent dough pizzas in the air fryer and cook until lightly browned on top. This will take several times to cook them all.
- Cool, assemble and refrigerate (as per recipe below)
Keep leftover cold veggie pizza in single layers in a covered container and use parchment paper in between layers if needed. Enjoy cold, or warm portions in the oven or a dry skillet before serving.
Time Saving Tips & Tricks
Make the pizza dough base and the cream cheese mix ahead of time so they are super cold. Then set out veggies so guests can create their own cold veggie pizzas! Make sure veggies are prepped ahead and thoroughly dried so they don’t water down the pizza.
Other Tasty Pizza Variations!
- Grilled Pizza Sandwich – a delish twist on a classic sandwich.
- Pizza Dippers – the perfect snack.
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls – made with crescent rolls.
- Air Fryer Mini Pizzas – easy with pre-made biscuit dough.
Cold Veggie Pizza
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out the crescent rolls onto a 9x13 inch baking sheet, press into the bottom and up the sides to make a crust. Using a fork poke holes into the surface of the crust.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown, cool completely.
- Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch dressing in a small bowl until smooth.
- Spread onto cooled dough and top with vegetables. Refrigerate for 20-40 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container. Use parchment paper in between layers if needed.
- Make a cold pizza bar! Prep pizza dough base and cream cheese mixture ahead of time, set out veggies in dishes and let everyone create their own pizzas.
- Make sure veggies are thoroughly dried after washing. Use a salad spinner, or wrap in paper towel and refrigerate to help absorb the moisture.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.