This creamy Corn Pudding Casserole is a favorite recipe to make as a side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any holiday meal. It is also a popular dish to serve for brunch or breakfast.
This homemade pudding uses a Jiffy Cornbread mix, making it quick and easy to pull together. Once baked in the oven this casserole is light like a soufflé but with a sweet crumb, like a dessert.
Corn Pudding Casserole
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Favorite Thanksgiving Side Dish
- Corn pudding casserole is so sweet, making it a favorite dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
- This baked casserole is rich and creamy. Combine this with the slightly sweet flavor of creamed corn and a Jiffy Cornbread mixture and this dish will quickly disappear at the dinner table.
- Serve this cornbread with Spatchcock Chicken, CrockPot Chicken Noodle Soup, or even Smothered Pork Chops.
Ingredients & Variations
EGGS, BUTTER, & SOUR CREAM – These ingredients help to give this dish a fluffy and delicate texture almost like a soufflé. The sour cream makes this dish a little more moist.
CORNBREAD MIX – Jiffy cornbread mixture is a quick and easy way to make this casserole. It’s a delicious and versatile mixture used in many recipes like this Jalapeno Cornbread.
CORN – This recipe calls for canned creamed corn, but canned or frozen kernel corn will also work.
How to Make Corn Pudding Casserole
Creamy corn pudding is a tasty and sweet side dish for any holiday meal.
- Combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, and sugar.
- Add the cornbread mixture.
- Bake as per the recipe below.
Best Tip & Tricks
If using frozen corn kernels instead of creamed corn, be sure to defrost them first. Place corn in a strainer and run cool water over them. Mash corn slightly using a blender or food processor which will give the corn a creamier consistency.
Corn casserole can be assembled ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator for a day. Cook it just before serving so it’s hot and fresh! If the ingredients are very cold, add 5-10 minutes to bake time.
Keep leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-4 days and in the freezer for 2 months.
Other Easy Casserole Side Dishes!
- Cream Corn Casserole – another easy corn side dish.
- Zucchini Casserole With Stuffing – delicious and easy.
- Broccoli Casserole – so cheesy!
- 3 Cheese Corn Casserole with Bacon – 10 minute prep!
- Carrot Casserole – with a surprise topping.
Corn Pudding Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs and sour cream in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add cornbread mix and stir just until combined. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread into a 9x13 pan and bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes.