Cook like a professional baker and make these small and delectable Mini Cheesecake Bites. They are a miniature take on the famous New York cheesecake.
These bite-sized cakes have a creamy and smooth filling that is also fluffy and moist. The crowning glory is the sweet cherry pie filling. Colorful and impressive, these mini cherry cheesecakes would be great to make and serve for a buffet or just a simple and easy dessert to take on the go for lunches or a picnic.
Mini Cheesecake Bites
PIN IT to your DESSERT board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- These mini cheesecakes are so easy to make and so easy to eat!
- Canned cherry pie filling is the easy topping for this cheesecake. But there are so many other options for cake toppings.
- They are so easy to pack for picnics or potlucks.
Cheesecake Ingredients List
THE CRUST: Graham crackers are the simple main ingredient for this crust. They can be crushed in a large Ziplock bag or a blender. The secret to the perfect graham cracker crust is the moisture content. Too much butter and the crust will be hard, too little and the crust will crumble. Also, when pressing in the pan, don’t pack too tightly or it will make the crust hard. Just push firmly until the crumbs are no longer loose.
THE FILLING: Make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature. If the cream cheese is too cold it will be hard to mix the ingredients. Also, make sure to use Greek yogurt and not regular yogurt. Greek yogurt is thicker and has less liquid.
THE TOPPING: The topping is made from a simple canned pie cherry filling. There is no need to heat it, just open the can and spoon onto the little cakes after they have been baked.
VARIATIONS: Top with melted ganache instead of the cherry pie filling. Other pie fillings would also do well with this cheesecake. Or for a lemon cheesecake, add some lemon zest to the filling. Don’t have graham crackers? Vanilla wafers can be used as a substitute or even digestive cookies, just use the same amount (3 ounces).
PRO TIP: Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator at least 2 hours before mixing. Ideally 4 hours. This softens the cream cheese and makes it easier to mix.
How To Make Mini Cheesecakes
Cheesecake is so simple to make:
- Crush the graham crackers. Add the sugar & butter. Press into mini cupcake tins.
- Mix the cheese & sugar. Add yogurt, lemon, egg, & vanilla. Mix.
- Add cream cheese filling to each cup in the muffin tin.
- Bake & let cool in the oven (turned off & door open). Then let cool on the counter.
- Top each cupcake with cherry pie filling.
These mini cakes would be great to freeze, as they can be removed from the freezer in individual portions. Cheesecake can be frozen and will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month. There are two options for defrosting cheesecake. One, leave it in the refrigerator overnight to defrost. Or leave it out at room temperature for 4 hours. Cheesecake is best served at room temperature.
Remember also, after the cheesecakes have finished cooking to open the oven door, turn off the oven and let the cheesecakes sit in the oven for an hour. They will need to cool again on the counter for another hour.
Cheesecake will keep in the refrigerator for 3 days. However, the crust will become a little soft after a day or so in the refrigerator.
Make the graham crumbs in advance, press them into the pan and keep in refrigerator until the filling is ready to be added. This will keep for about a day.
Cheesecake is awesome for making in advance and kept in the refrigerator until the guests arrive. Remember cheesecake is best served at room temperature. So, give it some time to rest before serving.
Cheesecakes for a Crowd
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake – rich & creamy.
- Blueberry Cheesecake – use fresh or frozen berries!
- Lemon Cheesecake – so easy to make.
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake – only 10 minutes of prep!
- No Bake Mini Cheesecake Cups – on the go treat.
Mini Cheesecake Bites
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line a mini cupcake pan with liners.
- Process graham crackers until fine. Add melted butter and granulated sugar then process again.
- Add 1 teaspoon of crumb mixture to each liner and gently press into liner.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add Greek yogurt, egg, lemon juice, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add about 1 Tablespoon of cream cheese filling to each cup.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes. Turn oven off, open the oven door and allow the cheesecakes to cool there for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cool completely for another hour.
- Top each cheesecake cup with about 1 Tablespoon cherry pie filling. Chill.
Egg does not need to be at room temperature, but can be.
For more lemony cheesecakes, add in some lemon zest. You could also top these with other pie fillings, chocolate ganache, and more.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The crust will become soft after a day or so in the fridge.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.