Forget the drive-through and make tons and tons of these Air Fryer Cinnamon Twists at home!
Just like the Taco Bell and Domino’s versions, homemade cinnamon twists come out light and crispy every time! For the same amount of “dough,” you can make cinnamon roll twist with canned cinnamon rolls. We bet no one can eat just one!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Twists
PIN IT to your BREAKFAST BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Cinnamon Roll Twists
We love restaurant menu hacks, and this recipe does not disappoint! Make a batch or two (or five!) for an after school snack, a sleepover, or movie night. This is a perfect recipe for little chefs in the kitchen because there are no extra ingredients to manage, no pots and pans, and no stove or oven to supervise! Let the air fryer do all the work! Canned cinnamon rolls are for more than just breakfast when they are transformed into easy, twisted crescents, lightly flavored with cinnamon sugar, and drizzled with icing!
How To Make Cinnamon Twists
Cinnamon roll twists are super easy to make crispy and delish in the air fryer. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Remove dough from can. Poke a hole in each roll.
- Pull on the dough circle, then twist slightly (as pictured) and place in the Air Fryer.
- Air fry according to recipe below, then drizzle with icing while still warm.
PRO TIP: Canned crescent roll dough will work too, just roll out and sprinkle with a 1:1 ratio of cinnamon to sugar before rolling and twisting.
Serve these easy air fried twists with a hot cup of coffee or cocoa for a tasty treat!
Time Saving Tips!
- Set the canned cinnamon rolls to warm to room temperature before assembling and air frying and they will puff up even more!
- Each dough roll should be stretched and twisted to about 4” in diameter.
- Place 4 cinnamon roll twists in the air fryer spaced apart so they do not touch.
- While the cinnamon twists are cooking, warm the icing packet between your palms or place it in a cup of hot tap water so it drizzles out smoother!
- Super short on cash? Cut the crusts off regular sandwich bread (white, preferably) brush one side with butter, sprinkle on a 1:1 ratio of cinnamon sugar, twist, and pop them in the air fryer!
Other Easy Recipes To Try!
- No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls – easy 15 min prep!
- Cinnamon Apple Crescent Rolls – the perfect snack.
- The Best Cinnamon Rolls – 3 ingredients recipe!
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole – quick and easy breakfast.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Twists
- 1 can Pilsbury cinnamon rolls
- icing (or glaze) provided for drizzle.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F
- Take each cinnamon roll and poke a hole in the middle using your fingers.
- Twist the dough outwards creating spirals in it. Repeat until all are done.
- Place four rolls at a time in the air fryer basket making sure they don't touch.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden in color. Remove and cool.
- Drizzle icing over cooled twists.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.