Cheesy Taco Bake recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” by clicking the photo above!!
This recipe is 100% a JB original. I was bored of making the same things for dinner every night, but I was really craving tacos, so I came up with this idea! I love cream cheese and put it in almost any recipe I can, my waistline hates me for it, but my taste buds love it!! If you can, try and grab some of the chipotle cheddar cheese from Target for this, I think it’s what gives it the best flavor. If you’re not into spicy you might want to use just regular cheddar.
Please come back and let me know how you liked this recipe!! I’m sure it will be a huge hit with your family just like it was for mine!
- 1 lb ground beef cooked and crumbled
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 packages of cream cheese 8 oz, room temp
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese I used chipotle cheddar from Target and it was AMAZING!
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Cook and crumble ground beef.
- Add taco seasoning, 1/4 cup water, and can of rotel to the ground beef (including the liquid from the can).
- Heat until liquid has mostly boiled down.
- Remove ground beef from heat and set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese and beat with mixer until completely smooth.
- Once cream cheese is smooth, add salsa and mix until combined. (it might be lumpy but it won't matter in the long run)
- In medium saucepan, heat refried beans and add 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture to it.
- Stir refried beans and heat until thoroughly mixed with cream cheese.
- Remove beans from heat and set aside.
- Coat a 9 x 13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Take 1/3 cup of ground beef mixture and spread along bottom of the 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place 2-4 flour tortillas on the bottom of the baking dish. (I only placed 2 but I feel that 4 would have made the layers more distinct, either way it will be delicious!)
- Spread half of the bean mixture on top of the flour tortillas.
- Top the bean mixture with half of the salsa mixture.
- Top salsa with half of ground beef mixture.
- Mix both cheeses together and top the casserole with half of the cheese.
- Add a layer of 2-4 flour tortillas.
- Top tortillas with remaining bean mixture.
- Add remaining salsa mix to the top of the refried beans.
- Top with remaining ground beef.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese onto the ground beef layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cheese has melted.
(Nutriton information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)