Macaroni Salad With Egg is a classic recipe that needs only a few basic ingredients and is so simple to make. It is one of those recipes that spans every occasion and any time of year, and is perfect for a potluck, a picnic or a buffet.
This particular recipe uses hard boiled eggs to give the salad a little more ‘oomph’ and flavor, but you can also add peas, cheese, celery and tuna for a meatier salad. It’s almost an entrée salad like Spinach & Tomato Chicken Pasta Salad or BLT Pasta Salad.
Macaroni Salad With Egg
Pin it your SALADS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
How To Make Macaroni Salad With Egg
- Prepare pasta ‘al dente’ per package instructions. Set aside.
- Mix dressing ingredients together, whisking to be sure the dressing is smooth.
- Add the dressing to the pasta and all the other ingredients in a bowl and toss well.
- Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
Other Delicious Additions
Here’s a brief list of my favorite add-ins for Macaroni Salad With Egg, but feel free to add anything you think will taste fabulous!
- Sliced black olives
- Sliced green olives
- Bacon bits
- Zucchini noodles (‘zoodles’)
- Shredded chicken
- Smoked Salmon
- Sundried Tomatoes
What To Serve With Macaroni Salad
Who doesn’t love macaroni salad at a barbecue! So no matter if your grill has Lime Grilled Chicken Kabobs or Grilled BBQ Chicken on it, this delicious macaroni salad will be the perfect side to match!
While this Macaroni Salad with Egg makes a delicious side, it can hold it’s own as a main! Serve it with a freshly tossed salad for a complete, balanced meal that really satisfies a hungry tummy.
How To Store Macaroni Salad With Egg
Keep Macaroni Salad With Egg as cold as possible until it’s ready to serve. If it’s going to be on a buffet table outside, then set the bowl in a larger bowl with a layer of ice cubes to keep the salad cool. Be sure to stir often!
To store indoors, keep macaroni salad in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it again. Simply refresh the flavors with salt and pepper and you’re good to go!
Can You Freeze Macaroni Salad With Egg?
Most pasta, mayo, and egg-based dishes do not freeze well because they tend to get mushy during the thawing period. There’s no need to freeze macaroni salad anyway, it’ll be gone before you know it!
Other Fantastic Salads To Try
Southwest Pasta Salad – creamy and zesty.
Classic Macaroni Salad recipe – always a favorite.
Bacon Cheddar Pasta Salad – delicious.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad – so fresh.
BBQ Chicken Macaroni Salad recipe – potluck perfect!
Macaroni Salad with Egg
- 8 oz elbow macaroni measured dry
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 green onions sliced
- 4 boiled eggs cooled peeled and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- Boil pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine dressing with all ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.