Berry Topped Pavlova Dessert
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
For a simple, beautiful, and refreshing dessert this summer, make this Berry Topped Pavlova Dessert! Fresh berries and whipped cream top a delicate meringue cloud to create the most heavenly dessert imaginable!
© CentsLess Meals
Berry Topped Pavlova Dessert
PIN IT to your Dessert board to save it and share it!
Be sure to follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest!
What is Pavlova?
Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert that is named after Anna Pavlova, a Russian ballerina. It is quite popular in Australia, but is gaining popularity around the world.
The bottom meringue base is made with egg white and sugar that is baked at a relatively low temperature, creating a crisp crust with a soft and airy inside.
How To Make Pavlova?
This Pavlova dessert really doesn’t take much work at all!
- It takes all of 5 minutes to get the meringue whipped up and in the oven.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Whip cream and prepare the berries.
- Top the meringue with whipped cream, fresh sweet berries and a few mint leaves for decoration.
- Serve immediately.
How Do You Serve Pavlova?
This Berry Topped Pavlova Recipe is served with whipped cream, then finished with an assortment of fresh berries. However use your imagination for your choice of toppings.
Toppings can include either fresh, canned or frozen berries, jam or jelly, chocolate or caramel sauce. Add sprinkles, chocolate shavings, toasted coconut or crushed nuts. The sky’s the limit!
- Prepare pavlova in advance to allow sufficient time to cool.
- Keep it uncovered on the counter or in a cold oven overnight. If placed in the fridge, the delicious crispy shell will become soft.
- Use fresh ingredients for the best tasting pavlova!
- Be sure your beaters and bowls are clean and free from and grease.
This Berry Topped Pavlova Dessert is so simple, beautiful, and delicious! It will surely become your favorite summer dessert! Enjoy!
Other Fresh Desserts To Try
- Mini Berry Tarts – so cute and delicious!
- Strawberry Fluff– easy to make.
- Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes – the perfect combination.
- Mixed Berry Dump Cake – only 3 ingredients.
- Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake – a delectable treat!
Fresh berries and whipped cream top a delicate meringue cloud to create the most heavenly dessert imaginable!
- 4 egg whites room temperature
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons corn starch sifted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¾ cup blackberries
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ¾ cup raspberries
- ¾ cup strawberries halved
- mint leaves optional
Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and draw a 9-inch circle using a plate as a template. Flip the parchment paper over and set aside.
Preheat oven to 300˚F.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks. Slowly stream in the sugar while mixing. Beat until thick and glossy. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, and corn starch and gently fold in. Spread mixture onto the parchment paper, spreading it evenly to the edge of the drawn circle.
Bake for 60 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack and then place on a platter and add toppings.
Beat the whipping cream with sugar until soft peaks.
Spread over cooled pavlova and then top with berries and a few mint leaves. Slice and serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)