Berry Topped Pavlova
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
For a simple, beautiful, and refreshing dessert this summer, make this Berry Topped Pavlova! Fresh berries and whipped cream top a delicate meringue cloud to create the most heavenly dessert imaginable!
© CentsLess Meals
Berry Topped Pavlova
PIN IT to your Dessert board to save it and share it!
Be sure to follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest!
Have you ever had Pavlova or even heard of it? It is a meringue-based dessert that is named after Anna Pavlova, a Russian ballerina and is quite popular in Australia. You can top it with whatever fruit you want but I prefer Berry Topped Pavlova.
The base is meringue – egg white and sugar that’s baked, creating a crisp crust with a soft and airy inside. You top it with whipped cream, typically not sweetened (but I like to add a little sugar), and fresh fruit. As much as I love a rich chocolate turtle brownie, the kind of dessert I crave in the summer is something light and refreshing like Mini Berry Tarts, Strawberry Fluff, and this Berry Topped Pavlova.
This dessert really doesn’t take much work at all, you just have to prepare it in advance to give it time to cool. It takes all of 5 minutes to get the meringue whipped up and in the oven. Once it’s done baking, just let it completely cool on a wire rack. After it is room temperature you can assemble it or keep it uncovered in a cold oven even overnight. If placed in the fridge, the delicious crispy shell will become soft.
Top the meringue with whipped cream, fresh sweet berries and a few mint leaves for decoration.
- 4 egg whites room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons corn starch sifted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup strawberries halved
- mint leaves optional
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and draw a 9-inch circle using a plate as a template. Flip the parchment paper over and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks. Slowly stream in the sugar while mixing. Beat until thick and glossy. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, and corn starch and gently fold in. Spread mixture onto the parchment paper, spreading it evenly to the edge of the drawn circle.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack and then place on a platter and add toppings.
- Beat the whipping cream with sugar until soft peaks.
- Spread over cooled pavlova and then top with berries and a few mint leaves. Slice and serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This Berry Topped Pavlova is so simple, beautiful, and delicious! It will surely become your favorite summer dessert! Enjoy!
More Recipes You’ll Love!