Classic Peach Galette
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Peach Galette is super easy to make and a perfect dessert to enjoy during the hot summer days. It has a nice crust to it and filled with plenty of fresh peaches. This simple yet tasty dessert will impress your friends and family.
Classic Peach Galette
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more yummy ideas!
Easy Peach Galette can be enjoyed for breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee, or after an evening meal as a dessert. It is on a lighter side because it is filled with fruits, so you can feel free to enjoy an extra slice without feeling guilty.
What I love most about this galette over other peach desserts is the crust! It is super flaky and crisp that just melts in your mouth when you bite into it.
For best results, I highly recommend making the crust from scratch. It will absolutely taste better, and you will end up with a flaky dish. However, if you are short on time, you could use Old Fashioned Flaky Pie Dough. Just roll the dough into 14-inch round and let it cool for about two hours before using it.
If you decide to make a homemade galette crust, you will need the following ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Some salt
- Cold butter
- Ice water
- A Sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon for the crust
Let’s Make The Peach Galette Crust
The key takeaway when making the crust is to have the butter chilled in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. To get a crispy texture be sure to use cold butter and iced water.
- Once you have the ingredients ready, start by blading 1 1/4 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp salt in a food processor until well mixed.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes and add it to the food processor. It is important not to over mix the batter. Just use the pulse button about 10 times to melt it and integrate it a bit with the rest of the ingredients. Then, add the ice water, and pulse the mixture a few more times.
- Form the dough into a disk and sprinkle it with some flour. Then, cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 45-60 minutes.
Can I Make a Galette With Other Ingredients?
Absolutely! The hardest and most important part here is to make the crust. Once you have it ready, you can fill the crust with various other fruits. I use the same recipe year around and fill it with fruits that are in season. It works great with blueberries, cherries, strawberries, apples, pears, you name it.
- You can use frozen commercially made puff pastry for this Peach Galette recipe. Just follow the manufacture’s direction.
- This peach dessert can be served in smaller or larger sizes. If you are hosting a larger gathering and need to make it larger, just double the recipe ingredients and make it larger, or split into two galettes.
- It is delicious served with some whipped cream on top or a dollop of your favorite ice-cream.
Must-Try Dessert Recipes
- Lemon Cheesecake – so fresh and delicious!
- Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert – easy to prepare.
- Strawberry Pretzel Dessert – a super summer dessert.
- Cinnamon Apple Crescent Rolls – a fun dessert twist.
- Strawberry Mini Tarts– a special treat.
This homemade Peach Galette is super easy to make and is the perfect dessert to enjoy during the hot summer days.
- 1 lb peaches pitted and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter cold
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup very cold butter cut into small cubes
- 4 to 6 tablespoons ice water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Fit a food processor with the blade attachment, add in flour, sugar, and salt. Pulse until well mixed.
- Add cold butter cubes, pulse for about 30 seconds, until the mixture turns into crumbles.
- Add ice water 1 tablespoon at a time and pulse after each addition. The dough is ready when it just starts to clump.
- Form the dough into a disk, dust with flour on both sides and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place peach slices into a medium bowl, add cornstarch, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Stir gently with a spatula until combined.
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
In a small bowl, beat one egg and set aside.
- Roll the chilled dough into a 12″ circle and transfer onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange the peaches in circles on top of the dough leaving about 2 inches dough border.
Add 2 tablespoons of cold butter chunks on top of the peaches.
Fold the edges of the galette up slightly over the peaches, pinch together to form a seal.
Brush the crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the peaches are juicy and tender.
- Let sit 15 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)