This homemade Peach Galette is a peach filled delight, surrounded by a tender, flaky crust that will just melt in your mouth.
Fruit desserts like cinnamon apple crescent rolls, pineapple upside down cake and this delicious Peach Galette can be enjoyed as an afternoon treat with a cup of tea or coffee, or after an evening meal as a dessert.
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more yummy ideas!
What Is A Galette?
A Galette is a classic fruit filled french dessert made with pastry. The dough is rolled out flat, fruit is placed in the center, then about 2 inches of dough is stretched up and over the fruit. It is pinched together to capture the fruit inside.
Baked on a flat baking sheet instead of a tart pan or pie plate, makes a galette rather rustic looking.
How to Make Peach Galette?
There are several steps to this recipe (refer to recipe below), but it’s totally worth it! Especially for that delicious homemade flaky crust.
- Prepare dough and refrigerate it for about 1 hour.
- Slice peaches, and mix with sugar and spices.
- Roll out the chilled dough, fill with peach mixture and top with butter. Pull edges up and pinch together. Brush with egg and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake until the crust is brown and peaches are tender, about 18 minutes.
Galette Tips and Tricks
- Do not over mix! Overworking the dough causes the gluten in the flour to become elastic and the dough may become gummy. We want to keep the dough light and fluffy.
- Keep it cool! Chill butter in the freezer for about 15 minutes and be sure to use ice water when making the dough. This will produce a delicious crispy texture.
- Split into two! Instead of making one peach galette, make it into two! Enjoy one fresh from the oven, and freeze the other for later!
- Serve your peach galette with a dollop of whipped or ice cream on top.
- Use other fruits! Fruit that is in season is a cost effective option. This recipe works well with blueberries, strawberries, apples or rhubarb. Or blend your fruits together for interesting and delicious combinations!
- Short on time? Use frozen commercially made puff pastry for this Peach Galette recipe. Just follow the directions on the packaging.
Must-Try Dessert Recipes
- Lemon Cheesecake – so fresh and delicious!
- Peach Cobbler – a family favorite.
- Strawberry Pretzel Dessert – a super summer dessert.
- Peach Cheesecake Salad– so different!
- Strawberry Mini Tarts– a special treat.
- 1 lb peaches pitted and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter cold
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup very cold butter cut into small cubes
- 4 to 6 tablespoons ice water
- Fit a food processor with the blade attachment, add in flour, sugar, and salt. Pulse until well mixed.
- Add cold butter cubes, pulse for about 30 seconds, until the mixture turns into crumbles.
- Add ice water 1 tablespoon at a time and pulse after each addition. The dough is ready when it just starts to clump.
- Form the dough into a disk, dust with flour on both sides and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Prepare the Peaches:
- Place peach slices into a medium bowl, add cornstarch, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Stir gently with a spatula until combined.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- In a small bowl, beat one egg and set aside.
- Roll the chilled dough into a 12″ circle and transfer onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange the peaches in circles on top of the dough leaving about 2 inches dough border.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cold butter chunks on top of the peaches.
- Fold the edges of the galette up slightly over the peaches, pinch together to form a seal.
- Brush the crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the peaches are juicy and tender.
- Let sit 15 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Delicious Dessert Recipe
How beautiful this peach galette! I think I can smell it right through the computer screen) It’s incredibly beautiful. I am confident and delicious. I made galette once in my life with chicken, spinach and cheese. The filling turned out to be very tasty, but the crust was not baked at all. I think this is due to the fact that I used whole grain flour and not regular flour. I also added bran, they could ruin the dough too. This time I will do everything according to the recipe. I want to surprise the guests. Thanks for the recipe!
Enjoy the peach galette, it’s lovely and delicious!