Watermelon cucumber salad is a tangy departure from regular green leaf salads!
This colorful blend of watermelon, cucumber, feta cheese, and basil tossed in a tangy dressing is cool and refreshing!
Cheer up your salad game with this delicious side dish!
A Refreshing Summer Salad!
- Watermelon cucumber feta salad makes an impressive appearance on any picnic or party table!
- Cucumber watermelon salad has a healthy, hydrating combination of fruit, veggies, and cheese, that’s perfect for hot summer days!
- It’s sweet, tangy, refreshing, and so unique, that everyone will want you to make it again and again!
- Quick & easy to prepare! 6 ingredients, 1 bowl, and 1 step make this recipe effortless and foolproof. Make up to a day ahead and the flavors will blend even more!
Ingredients and Variations
Watermelon – Look for symmetrical melons with uniform color and the ‘yellow spot’ where it ripened on the ground. It should be a dark shade of yellow or yellow-orange, which means it’s ripe.
Cucumber – English cucumbers don’t need to be peeled and the seeds are small. If using regular cucumbers, you can peel them and scrape out the seeds with a spoon.
Cheese – Crumbled feta adds a salty flavor that contrasts wonderfully with watermelon, but you can use mozzarella (bocconcini), blue cheese, or gorgonzola crumbles.
Dressing – Any combination of olive oil and lemon or lime juice can be used in this recipe. In a pinch, use a bottle of Italian or Greek vinaigrette dressing. A splash of balsamic dressing will add some depth without overwhelming the flavors.
Variations – Switch out the basil for mint, dill, or oregano for a different flavor twist. Add finely diced tomatoes, red onions, and sliced black or kalamata olives for a Greek salad twist.
How to Make Watermelon and Cucumber Salad
For the best flavor, chill the salad 30 minutes before serving.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss. Season
- Garnish with feta cheese and serve.
Time Saving Tips
- Buy watermelon pre-cut from the produce section, if desired.
- Prep watermelon and cucumber in advance and shake the olive oil with lime juice in a small jar and chill before assembling. Shake before adding to the salad in Step 1.
Have you tried this Watermelon Cucumber Salad recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- In a large bowl add the watermelon, cucumber, olive oil, lime juice, and basil. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with feta cheese and serve.
- Use pre-cut watermelon for quick and easy prep.
- Prep ingredients in advance, them assembly just before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.