Brighten up that dinner plate with these colorful Rainbow Noodles!
These noodles are a great way to add a splash of color to any meal. This recipe is guaranteed to turn those beige bland noodles into a bright edible party favor for a kids’ birthday party or to simply encourage the pickiest eater to eat their food!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Why We Love this Recipe
- This colorful pasta speaks for itself – colorful, fun, and easy to make. All it takes is some pasta and a little food coloring. Really, that is all!
- Make different colored batches of these noodles, and toss them all together on the plate like a fun colorful salad.
- These are the best for matching the color theme of a birthday party. Make them with spaghetti, penne, linguine, or any shape of pasta.
- Serve these with some cheesy bread, or serve them alongside this simple meatball recipe.
Ingredients & Variations
PASTA Spaghetti is the most visually stunning of the colored pasta varieties. However, any shape of pasta will turn into a colorful creation.
FOOD COLORING The food coloring that works the best is the neon food coloring. This will make a bright plate of vibrant vibes!
How to Make Colored Pasta
This colored pasta is a plateful of fun that the kids will love!
- Bring the water to a boil and add food coloring.
- Pour in noodles and cook (per recipe below).
Be sure to cook each color of desired noodles separately and enjoy the rainbow on your plate!
Tips for Bright Colorful Pasta
- Use a different pot of water to boil, for each different colored noodle. For instance, for two different colored noodles use two pots.
- It is important to add the food coloring to the water and to bring it to a boil. This will allow the color to spread into the water, making it distribute evenly into the noodles.
- If mixing colors, don’t add too many different ones. The color will turn out black! Follow the directions on the back of the food coloring box, for combining and mixing colors to make colors.
- Have leftovers? Store them in the refrigerator for 2-3 days and reheat to enjoy. Or use them to create a fun taste safe sensory experience for your little ones!
More Bright and Fun Recipes
- Fun Halloween activity for kids – Some fun ideas!
- Rainbow Cupcakes – More splashes of sweet color
- Lime Jello Salad – Bright and delicious
- Cranberry Jello Salad – More sweet jello
Colored Pasta Noodles
- 1 box noodles
- liquid food coloring I used neon colors
- Use one pot of water for each different color you would like to use for the pasta.
- To each pot add enough food coloring to change the color of the water then bring to a boil.
- Boil noodles until cooked.
- Strain and rinse each pot of noodles individually.
- Rinse the noodles, combine and serve!!
- Use a different pot of water for each different colored noodle.
- Add the food coloring to the water before adding the pasta for even color coverage.
- Follow the directions on your food coloring box for combining and mixing colors.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.