This Pumpkin Bars recipe is the ultimate combination of holiday sugar and spice. Topped with a whipped cream cheese frosting and sprinkled delicately with cinnamon, these pumpkin dessert bars will definitely inspire your fall spirit.
I love recipes that use either pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie spices. Crustless Pumpkin Pie uses both! It is so delicious and fits in perfectly with my fall meal planning. And just like these Pumpkin Bars, it is simple, quick, and easy to make!
© CentsLess Meals
Pin it to your DESSERTS BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Fall is one of the most flavorful seasons there is. And these Pumpkin Pie Bars are the perfect way to indulge in all those delicious fall flavors while it’s aroma fills your home with holiday cheer.
Made from scratch using staple pantry ingredients, along with pumpkin puree and fall inspired spices, this dessert bar will definitely become a family favorite in your home!
Is Canned Pumpkin And Pumpkin Puree The Same Thing?
Yes. Canned pumpkin is cooked pumpkin that has been pureed. This does differ however from pumpkin pie filling which has spices added to it.
How To Make Pumpkin Bars
- Prepare an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla and egg.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry mixture and stir.
- Pour the pumpkin batter into the prepared pan
- Bake, then allow to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese frosting, then apply to the cake.
Do You Need To Refrigerate Pumpkin Bars?
Yes, since they are frosted with cream cheese frosting you will want to keep them in the refrigerator. Take them out 1 hour ahead of time before you serve them.
Pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting will last 3-4 days if you keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can modify this pumpkin pie bars recipe by mixing delicious add ins such as:
- chocolate chips
- chopped nuts
- dried cranberries
These Pumpkin Bars are the perfect way to kick off your fall festivities and every bite will be creamy and delicious!
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake – so light and delicious!
Nutella Pumpkin Muffins – perfect for breakfast.
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie – an easy to make dessert.
Crustless Pumpkin Pie – perfect, even without a pie crust!
Pumpkin Bars Recipe
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 12oz container, whipped cream cheese frosting
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ground cinnamon for garnish (optional)
For the bars:
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚F and line a 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl add flour, allspice, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla and the egg.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour the pumpkin batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until the center of the bars comes out clean. Remove from baking pan and allow to cool.
For the frosting:
- In a medium mixing bowl add whipped cream cheese frosting and powdered sugar. Using an electric mixer or by hand, mix to combine. The frosting should be slightly stiff.
- Frost pumpkin bars, sprinkle with cinnamon and cut into squares before serving.